Pau Torres

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

He looked caught out for their goal but he absolutely wasn't. 

Watch it again and see how he was tempted to dive in but held back and decided to run with his man. Yes, he got done but, he gave the defence time to gain cover. Unfortunately, Carlos got caught out and allowed Chan to beat him to the ball and Konsa was our last line of defence. 

So glad he got our goal shortly afterwards. 

Ball in was going straight to Martinez until it hit Digne foot and went straight to their player. 

• Thanks 1

I think he's " ok " so far.

He does misplace passes, but I usually see the " idea " behind the pass, if that makes sense.

He takes high risk chances where, if they come off, they can be very incisive.

Let's see how he goes for the rest of the season.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let's see how he goes for the rest of the season.

I can give you a preview if you like?

He'll have some great games where he makes loads of good passes.

He'll have some OK games where he makes quite a lot of good passes.

He'll have some below par games where he's absolutely rinsed by quick players in behind our high line, and he'll make some good passes in those games as well.

Don't ask me for a preview the rest of Bailey's season. I don't think you'll like it.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I can give you a preview if you like?

He'll have some great games where he makes loads of good passes.

He'll have some OK games where he makes quite a lot of good passes.

He'll have some below par games where he's absolutely rinsed by quick players in behind our high line, and he'll make some good passes in those games as well.

Don't ask me for a preview the rest of Bailey's season. I don't think you'll like it.

You don't even have to type it, everyone knows.

Just now, VillanousOne said:

You don't even have to type it, everyone knows.

I don't think they do. People keep talking about him adjusting and improving.

He's not 22/23, still figuring things out. This is it. This is him.

Not a bad player. In fact, a good player! But an inefficient use of £75m for Aston Villa who play in the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't think they do. People keep talking about him adjusting and improving.

He's not 22/23, still figuring things out. This is it. This is him.

Not a bad player. In fact, a good player! But an inefficient use of £75m for Aston Villa who play in the Premier League.

£75 million?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

He looked caught out for their goal but he absolutely wasn't. 

Watch it again and see how he was tempted to dive in but held back and decided to run with his man. Yes, he got done but, he gave the defence time to gain cover. Unfortunately, Carlos got caught out and allowed Chan to beat him to the ball and Konsa was our last line of defence. 

So glad he got our goal shortly afterwards. 

Yep, when isolated like that no.1 rule is dont dive in and allow the player to cut inside, hold him up long enough for teamates to get back.

He should have engaged eventually, but then i dont know if he got a shout or not.

Just as culpable were Carlos and Konsa allowing the goalscorer to get on the end of the cross unimpeded.

He's not quick, but was against Neto today, who makes most defenders look slow, including both Liverpool and Man City's backlines in recent weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why is he getting blamed? It was luizs fault not paus

You obviously don't know how this site works lol.

If you can't blame the popular player, move down a list of players you don't like ( Or less popular ) until something sticks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why is he getting blamed? It was luizs fault not paus

Because their winger walked around him (not for the only time) and crossed for their goal. Fairly simple.

Yes Doug did lose the ball. It was very poor from him. Poor from Pai as well. Not every goal is one person's fault.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Because their winger walked around him (not for the only time) and crossed for their goal. Fairly simple.

Yes Doug did lose the ball. It was very poor from him. Poor from Pai as well. Not every goal is one person's fault.

Poor from ezri who let the striker get in front of him. Neto is rapid, not sure why Pau shoulders so much of the blame here. 

17 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Poor from ezri who let the striker get in front of him. Neto is rapid, not sure why Pau shoulders so much of the blame here. 

8 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I'm not sure he walked round Torres, it looks like he ran past him to me. Are you exaggerating?

Yes, he’s the negative exaggeration king.

Neto would skin any central defender in the Prem in that situation. It’s pretty well covered on the face of it, but Digne doesn’t get enough of the ball… and the deflection lands perfectly for their Korean Guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I think luiz made the fatal large error and put the rest of the defence in trouble. A totally avoidable goal in my opinion if luiz just doesnt piss around with the ball

• Like 1

Â