Pau Torres

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Think you are going to be in for a shock. There is going to be a lot of rotation this season 

Yep, plenty of games to go about with League, Europe and hopefully a cup run.  But Torres isn't coming here to be backup, he'll probably play the most games out of all the CBs barring a long injury.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We got a baller here, guys. 

His vision and range of passing for a CB looks astonishing. Finds an open man with a range of unconventional passes. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yep, plenty of games to go about with League, Europe and hopefully a cup run.  But Torres isn't coming here to be backup, he'll probably play the most games out of all the CBs barring a long injury.

i honestly think there wont be much difference if you're talking about overall games played between the 4 CBs...at least the 3 of konsa mings and torres

the main CB pairing for the PL will be interesting but i suspect it'll be mings and torres but with the occasional back 3 too

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Think you are going to be in for a shock. There is going to be a lot of rotation this season 

I'm talking about the Premier League. Torres will be a first choice CB and a settled back 4 is ESSENTIAL to success in the Prem. Rotation will be in the cups and in Europe. We won't be constantly chopping and changing our Premier League back 4 as that's a recipe for chaos. Won't happen.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

We got a baller here, guys. 

His vision and range of passing for a CB looks astonishing. Finds an open man with a range of unconventional passes. 

I think a lot of people are overlooking Carlos too… he’s also excellent on the ball and has a superb passing range. I recall Unai bringing him on against Wolves specifically to try and utilise that ability to help create, play an attacker in, and get us back in the game… hopefully he will be clear of his injury trouble…

Diego will also bring the physicality and aerial prowess some people think Pau may be lacking (I’m not so sure… we’re talking about one of the very best CBs in La Liga who has won and competed in European competition, I don’t think he will be lacking much at all and will be our no.1 CB).

The main thing is we have proper options now, we won’t fall apart if Mings get injured - which was always the case. This is huge!

I like and rate all 4 of our CBs and it’s a great position to be in, I’d even go so far as to say we have one of the best “groups” in the league now…

Konsa will improve even further by learning off these guys… Unai may well convert him to a hybrid RCB/RB too and enhance his abilities…

We have so many games to play: rest, rotation, injuries, suspensions, cover etc. all has to be accounted for.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarcana said:

I think Konsa is moving to right back, someone posted a thing here about his crossing stats in relation to cash etc and Konsa had decent percentage, for that stay back and turn into a centre back allowing left to attack position . I think Konsa will be great. Then cash if we want to start pushing forward , chambers in reserve . Maybe another attacking fullback will be signed but looks solid enough to me . 

It’s highly likely… but also, bringing in better players will help our existing players to improve too… when Diego and Mings’ times are up here, we may well see Konsa partnering Pau in defence in future… but we may also sign more elite CBs too 😆

I’m almost as excited to see Diego play as I am Torres… 

So much to look forward to… who are we signing next? 😆

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Looks really composed , can really see why he’s been brought in , he links really well with midfielders and looks like hel play direct to moving into space Attack players  , bring it on Pau 👏

Just now, Chine said:

He does seem to play a lot of looping balls (accurately, mind). I wonder if he'll have to adapt that side of his game. Can't see those being very effective in a physical league like the Prem. Opposition CBs can almost all compete in the air, and our forwards aren't known for their aerial dominance.

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I thinking we will be getting the full announcement tomorrow, photos, sit down interview, promotional video and a Lange smile

image.jpeg.275f494ac5bba2e2062822f7dbcdc4a5.jpeg

Just kidding, love you Lange (time).

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

He does seem to play a lot of looping balls (accurately, mind). I wonder if he'll have to adapt that side of his game. Can't see those being very effective in a physical league like the Prem. Opposition CBs can almost all compete in the air, and our forwards aren't known for their aerial dominance.

I suppose hel be encouraging to keep it mixed up , for instance JJ would feed off a decent pass into back to goal striker but he will also feed off a line breaking through ball . Really looking forward to what the Don does with him ! Exciting times ! UTV 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'm talking about the Premier League. Torres will be a first choice CB and a settled back 4 is ESSENTIAL to success in the Prem. Rotation will be in the cups and in Europe. We won't be constantly chopping and changing our Premier League back 4 as that's a recipe for chaos. Won't happen.

You think mings or torres will play thurs then sunday if we get far in the cup? Not a chance. There will be plenty of rotation

Â