Youri Tielemans

thejoker

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

he wouldnt be with us if he was such a well rounded player, tbh.

Exactly. Same with Torres. If he was lightening quick, he wouldn't be here either :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supermon said:

Bless his little legs trying to get to that Watkins chance

It was so funny watching him. At one point, he just puts his head down because he’s putting absolutely everything in to the run.

A cracking footballer but a terrible athlete. Honestly, if he was as athletic as Watkins, he’d probably be at Real Madrid. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

With more playing time now likely to be available hopefully it helps his fitness.

Was a good pass for the second goal yesterday and he showed how he can have an influence over our attacking play.

I’m not sure it’s a fitness thing in the sense that, if he plays more he’ll become fitter. 

He’s just not a natural athlete. He’s played a lot of top level football since the age of 17, maybe he’s burning out a bit young? Not sure.

His ability isn’t in question. I think he’s probably a yard quicker in his head than most of our players and his passing ability is superb, but he is painfully slow and lethargic. 

I think he needs to be used sparingly and in the right moments. He can absolutely hurt certainly teams - like yesterday - but I think some matches won’t suit his lack of athleticism. 

• Like 1

I really can’t see it,  I thought he didn’t do much at all yesterday, looked like he was running through custard, and had zero confidence he would score that chance looked gassed.  The pass for Watkins was no more than I would expect from any half decent midfielder the way it opened up - the movement was class (and their defence parted way to easily) - was screaming for him to be taken off at at 45 let alone 60, 70, 80 the amount of cheap balls he gave away was shocking (JJ should have gone off as well). 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

I really can’t see it,  I thought he didn’t do much at all yesterday, looked like he was running through custard, and had zero confidence he would score that chance looked gassed.  The pass for Watkins was no more than I would expect from any half decent midfielder the way it opened up - the movement was class (and their defence parted way to easily) - was screaming for him to be taken off at at 45 let alone 60, 70, 80 the amount of cheap balls he gave away was shocking (JJ should have gone off as well). 

Any half decent midfielder might not have weighted it as perfectly as Youri did. He's a master at weighting them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

You can fault his athleticism, but his ability on the ball is excellent. The weight of his passing is very rarely off, he makes it look easy. And he also made it easier for Watkins too who could really crank up his shot without having to adjust to a poorly placed ball.

Edited by maltesemike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Zero7 said:

Imagine if he had pace 

Mate I saw him shifting across the ground yesterday at some speed. Honestly think he's got some pace in his locker, just doesn't bring it out much. 

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

ability isn’t in question. I think he’s probably a yard quicker in his head than most of our players and his passing ability is superb,

I can think of someone else - who fits very nicely into this category 😀👍🏻

7 hours ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

82% possession accuracy from 35 attempted passes. Very good for the ‘number 10’. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I can think of someone else - who fits very nicely into this category 😀👍🏻

Listen, if he proves himself out in the Middle East then I’d happily have him back again next season. 

• Haha 2

Â