Youri Tielemans

thejoker

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Wow what a player he was at 16. He's basically the same player now. I bet those Anderlecht fans thought they were seeing the second coming of Pirlo or something.

Yep. Like a mix of Xabi Alonso Pirlo and Matt Le Tissier.  I am warming to him very very quickly and get the feeling Emery is going to find a way to make him into the player we were hoping we would get with Coutinho. Its not about flair with us. Its about clinical creativity.  And i think Youri can do that as well as anyone in the squad. Why beat 5 players when you can pass like him and split a defence to pieces. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Spots a through ball, and plays it, normally weighted to perfection. No messing.

We've missed Buendia's ability to play the through ball. I will be happy if Tielemans plays them regularly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomC said:

[Accidental double post, please delete]

You can hide it yourself... three dots to right hand corner. 

As for Youri, pleased that he's finally got up to speed. Feel he deserved to start against spurs but nice to have a genuine selection problem when everyone is fit/ not suspended.

Took him a while to get over his Leicester funk, but he's done it and the future is looking bright. 

I like that we'll be able to rotate him and lower his minutes played too, he's way above the average competitive minutes for someone his age so good we can look after him and benefit from the quality not dropping when we make a change. 

• Like 1

Not brilliant last night BUT still provided yet another inch perfect speed perfect assist for Diaby.  Its a wonderful skill to have to be able to play a daisycutter like he does. And they are coming more and more often .We take advantage so clinically. Which is due to the quality of our players.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Not brilliant last night BUT still provided yet another inch perfect speed perfect assist for Diaby.  Its a wonderful skill to have to be able to play a daisycutter like he does. And they are coming more and more often .We take advantage so clinically. Which is due to the quality of our players.  

With him, performing nicely and JJ returning - there is serious competition to some very gifted footballers in our midfield 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Thought he was good today. A lot of interceptions especially.

I'd keep him in for Man. City. Kamara returns obviously but Tielemans instead of Zaniolo seems a necessary selection especially how Man. City can just overload teams centrally.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Tielemans not the answer in the double pivot. Beaten a fair few times and looked very open in transition particularly in the gap he should be in. 

Don't like him in the midfield 2. Not defensive enough, not strong enough. Also rarely showed for a pass from the defence or from Martinez. Kamara does this all the time and it allow Luiz space to play. 

Tielemans in the middle takes too much away from the others. Prefer for him to play out wide or as a ten.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Don't like him in the midfield 2. Not defensive enough, not strong enough. Also rarely showed for a pass from the defence or from Martinez. Kamara does this all the time and it allow Luiz space to play. 

Tielemans in the middle takes too much away from the others. Prefer for him to play out wide or as a ten.

Yes our build up was very sluggish even when we were looking for a late equalizer. 

3 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Tielemans not the answer in the double pivot. Beaten a fair few times and looked very open in transition particularly in the gap he should be in. 

Mmmm - I thought his passing was a bit off today, but he was comfortably our best player in terms of breaking up play. Didn’t seem to be beaten that often from what I remember. Reckon he probably made more tackles than everyone too (maybe Konsa?). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Before Tielemans joined I thought he was quite similar to kamara. But after watching him play every week he is much better suited to an advanced midfield position. We could actually do with bringing in another player to cover the 'pivot' as we are short in that area... Especially with Donk probably leaving in January. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Before Tielemans joined I thought he was quite similar to kamara. But after watching him play every week he is much better suited to an advanced midfield position. We could actually do with bringing in another player to cover the 'pivot' as we are short in that area... Especially with Donk probably leaving in January. 

Yup a more physical option for the double pivot role would be good. 

39 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Mmmm - I thought his passing was a bit off today, but he was comfortably our best player in terms of breaking up play. Didn’t seem to be beaten that often from what I remember. Reckon he probably made more tackles than everyone too (maybe Konsa?). 

Remember a few where he was beaten trying to stop in transition. One on our right on a missed slide tackle and one on our left. 

Wasn’t effective for their second goal either. Not for lack of effort but doesn’t have that natural ability to sense the danger like Bouba and not strong enough to win a lot of duels. 

Â