Youri Tielemans

thejoker

47 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Looking at our list of number 8’s over the years, you have to go back fairly far to get a good player… 😬 

Other than Milner, (and to a lesser extent McCann who was ok when he wasn’t injured)… what a shitshow!

Morgan Sanson (21/22 - 22/23), Tom Carroll (18/19), Henri Lansbury (17/18 - 20/21), Aaron Tshibola (16/17), Idrissa Gueye (15/16), Tom Cleverley (14/15), Karim El Ahmadi (12/13 - 14/15), Jermaine Jenas (11/12), Robert Pirès (10/11), James Milner (08/09 - 10/11), Luke Moore (07/08), Gavin McCann (03/04 - 06/07

Gueye, Milner, McCann the most decent ones.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Just for perspective our 2018/19 midfield was Adonai, Thor, Connor, Jedinak, landbury, mcginn, Glenn whelan and a very young J Ramsey. It’s almost astonishing that 5/6 years later we have just added on a free tielamens to a midfield of dougie luis, kamara, mcginn, a fully up to speed Jacob Ramsey, dendoncker, buendia and little Phil C. I know Phil and dendoncker might not play many games but still the uplift in quality in that time is amazing for a side that was in the championship 5 years ago.

I can't work out who that's meant to be. 

Interesting how the first two signings Emery has made are two of the most progressive passers of the ball in their positions. Tielemans and Torres.

The second striker we sign who drops deep from front line will be key now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

yikes, that is not a list i would be shouting from the rooftops, what a list, makes my eyes burn.

Mighty Mark Draper was an 8.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Interesting how the first two signings Emery has made are two of the most progressive passers of the ball in their positions. Tielemans and Torres.

How dare you forget Moreno like that 😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Eeeesh, that legacy sums up Villa's last 10 years perfectly. 

Jeez, and they could have said "wearing the number 8 to follow in the footsteps of Little, Shaw, Platt, Townsend...."  

From a career standpoint this fella has played a lot of games since breaking through as a 16 year old.  Some are concerned he's got too many miles in his legs.  For contrast I'd present James Milner, Gareth Barry and Ashley Young - all who broke into first team football as teenagers and all who were performing at the highest level at age 37 and beyond..... 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I saw one Leicester fan on one of our pods, claim that he is one of the hardest and most disciplined players.

First in, last our type of guy.

I sense a Kenneth incoming…

Might want to rephrase 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

How did we go, so quickly, from midfield being the weakest area of our team to the strongest??? 😆

Aah, that’ll be King Unai 👑 

99% Emery and, whisper it so as not to cause uproar, 1% Gerrard for getting Kamara to sign for us.

Â