Premier League 2023/24

Pinebro

40 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Were we the lowest points total in PL history.when we went down? What was our haul?

Amazingly we were only the 4th worst ever with 17.

At this point, I still fancy/hope Everton will finally drop next season, Luton obvs and then Sheffield probably the next favourites.

I've said elsewhere I think City will be run close by Utd next season at the top.

Arsenal I think will continue the slightly inconsistent performance form later in the season, Liverpool have a bit of work to do to an aging squad, Newcastle, depending on recruitment, could push on to challenge for the title, but probably will settle in the 3rd to 5th slots.

I hope we can be up with those above - a 5th CL spot opening up would be what we should aim for but they are good teams.

Europa/ECL slots - Chelsea will improve, but so much work for Poch to do. Spurs - a disaster, may not even make junior Europe. Brighton - as ever depends who goes and if they can magic up another batch of replacements. Dunno who else makes the top 10 - Brentford? Fulham? West Ham? Palace? Most of the rest are quite crap.

No one mentioning Wolves for relegation?  Manager about to walk after being lied to about finances.  Better players leaving to balance FFP books.

Could be on the cards if they don't replace the manager with someone decent.

Just seen something on Instagram I hadn’t considered yet - how the heck are they going to effectively implement VAR at Kenilworth road? Going to be a logistical nightmare I’d imagine and it’s possible they won’t be able to have the same level of coverage across the pitch.

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just seen something on Instagram I hadn’t considered yet - how the heck are they going to effectively implement VAR at Kenilworth road? Going to be a logistical nightmare I’d imagine and it’s possible they won’t be able to have the same level of coverage across the pitch.

I haven't read into it, but why do you think it might be a problem?

On 31/05/2023 at 13:51, HKP90 said:

Shit....that's.....just.....did they have a team?

I was gonna say that I could see Luton beating the record, but that's so catastrophically awful it seems unlikely.

This was the season

24 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I haven't read into it, but why do you think it might be a problem?

Because it’s tiny, cramped and old. It lacks what I would assume is some of the basic infrastructure for VAR, such as camera gantry’s around the stadium etc.

Due to the shape and structure of Anfield we found out that they don’t have 100% coverage (when that goal was scored off a corner, can’t remember who they were playing but someone was ruled offside and there was no definitive camera angle to prove or disprove it). If Anfield can have that issue I can only assume it’ll be magnified at Luton.

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Petrovs goal I still think is one of the best ever scored in the premier League. If some arsehole like Rooney scored it they'd still be going on about it

Like the one where the west ham goal keeper fell over somehow being an incredible goal

There is absolutely no way Luton won't get a win. We hear this every year about sides, but it really takes something to get promoted and then not win once in 38 games. They deserve a bit more respect. Usually we are the team who falls over for these sides as well. Watford start of last season we went in full of confidence and lost. Bournemouth this season. Sheff Utd the season before towards the end of the season were really struggling and we still lost.

• Like 2

On 03/06/2023 at 11:24, theboyangel said:

I’m almost convinced we’ll be drawn against Luton away first day of the season when the fixtures are released.

Pretty much guaranteed along with Man Utd in one of the cups.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

An absolute guarantee is Man City will win the league.

Arsenal will be the closest.

Their squad is still very young.

10 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Arsenal will be the closest.

Their squad is still very young.

Personally I think Chelsea will do well and make the top 4 along with Newcastle and Man United. But whatever happens, the title is already decided.

Edited by GlobalVillan

44 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Personally I think Chelsea will do well and make the top 4 along with Newcastle and Man United. But whatever happens, the title is already decided.

There is no chance in Chelsea top 4 

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

No Liverpool?

Not sure on their midfield reconstruction yet but Macalister for 30m ish is a bargain in today's prices and they missed likes of Diaz and Jota in final third for half a season.

They won't challenge for the league but I think they'll finish above Newcastle and Man. United as things stand.

Â