Premier League 2023/24

Pinebro

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

No Liverpool?

Not sure on their midfield reconstruction yet but Macalister for 30m ish is a bargain in today's prices and they missed likes of Diaz and Jota in final third for half a season.

They won't challenge for the league but I think they'll finish above Newcastle and Man. United as things stand.

Newcastle will spend. Liverpool are in decline and need a whole refresh. 

Liverpool and Chelsea's squads not good enough.

Newcastle, City, United and Arsenal will be in the top 4 again.

I'd go as far as saying they will do it quite comfortably.

22 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Anyone paying 100+ million for Declan Rice is an absolute idiot.

I always thought he was a B rate Gareth Barry , Can't remember a player hyped as much by the media 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. They have some excellent players and now an excellent manager. 

Do they? Goalkeeper poor, central defence the better players are ancient. Centre midfield, Chukwuemeka is one of the better ones since Kovacic, Kante and Loftus Cheek are gone or going. Striker none unless Big Rom is motivated

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Do they? Goalkeeper poor, central defence the better players are ancient. Centre midfield, Chukwuemeka is one of the better ones since Kovacic, Kante and Loftus Cheek are gone or going. Striker none unless Big Rom is motivated

Not even that, Chelsea isn't about the quality of the manager or the players it's about where their heads are and based on the last couple of season their heads have long gone, there's no point in world class players if they phone in a 70% performance every other week

I'm also not convinced poch is the man to change that

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Newcastle will spend. Liverpool are in decline and need a whole refresh. 

Liverpool should still finish above Chelsea, their forward line is miles better so that can paper over the weaknesses elsewhere on the pitch.

In their terrible season they still only lost once at Anfield so just need to start well away from home and they can get established in top 4 pretty comfortably.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Liverpool and Chelsea's squads not good enough.

Newcastle, City, United and Arsenal will be in the top 4 again.

I'd go as far as saying they will do it quite comfortably.

Early days but only Man. City will get top 4 comfortably. See how Arsenal and Newcastle cope with going back to CL and then having a few Saturday lunchtime kick offs. Man. United could go either way but a few injuries and their depth isn't good enough.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea's current midfield is basically Enzo Fernandez.

I assume they'll sign Raya from Brentford in the end so that should settle them down at the back and Chilwell, Fofana, Silva, James and Badashile is a decent group to build from if they all stay fit which is a big problem.

Still a mess in final third trying to get rid of Ziyech, Pulisic, Lukaku, Aubameyang and trying to get better form from likes of Mudryk and Sterling.

It will take about six months for them to get consistent form under Poch, very similar task to when he went into Spurs.

Â