Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

Interesting. I assume a fair few of those must have been during the Gerrard days, so there is almost certain to be improvement.

From what I can remember,

Leicester, Liverpool and Chelsea at home, Arsenal, Fulham, Utd, City and Palace away, 

So Chelsea, Arsenal, Fulham and Palace were all under Gerrard.

Leicester and City were on our worst run under UE.

Liverpool was on our beginning, Utd last was bad after a great run. 

With both Manchester United and Newcastle out of Europe, we can give up five teams in Cl next season. Italy gets all its teams through, Germany does well, and Spain has strong teams. Spain also has two teams out, but one of them is in the Conference league, and it gives fewer points than CL.

Can hope for Newcastle goal in the last five minutes, but they have been weak in the second half.

28 minutes ago, villa82 said:

With both Manchester United and Newcastle out of Europe, we can give up five teams in Cl next season. Italy gets all its teams through, Germany does well, and Spain has strong teams. Spain also has two teams out, but one of them is in the Conference league, and it gives fewer points than CL.

Can hope for Newcastle goal in the last five minutes, but they have been weak in the second half.

This is incorrect. Same points awarded for UCL, EL and ECL. We are no worse off than Spain or Germany. Only Italy has the (slight) advantage.

• Like 2

Might control our own destiny in the league if we take into the finals. Will Liverpool end up in the same bracket as Leverkeusen? Would be the only worry there for them.

City, you never know. Pep might need to bring the biggest water bottle he can find if they match up against Madrid again.

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This is incorrect. Same points awarded for UCL, EL and ECL. We are no worse off than Spain or Germany. Only Italy has the (slight) advantage.

UCL and ECL award teams one bonus points to reach round of 16 and quarterfinal, ECL do not.

UCL award the two top teams in the group 4 bonus points.

EL award the group winner 4 bonus points and award the runner up 2 bonus points.

ECL award the group winner 2 bonus points and award the runner up 1 bonus points.

16 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

UCL and ECL award teams one bonus points to reach round of 16 and quarterfinal, ECL do not.

UCL award the two top teams in the group 4 bonus points.

EL award the group winner 4 bonus points and award the runner up 2 bonus points.

ECL award the group winner 2 bonus points and award the runner up 1 bonus points.

That’s club coefficients, 5th spot us based on association coefficients.

29 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That’s club coefficients, 5th spot is based on association coefficients.

This was slightly more complicated than I originally thought. No wonder this is confusing, but here is what I found:

UEFA have three coefficients;

• club coefficients
  • association coefficients
  • association club coefficients

5th spot is awarded based on the this seasons association club coefficients.

Here is the current ranking for 5th spot.

Here is how the ranking is calculated.

At the end of this page it explains how the association coefficients is calculated

My original post is correct.