Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Come on mate not you as well! Under Pep have City ever been in this situation with a few games to go to win the league and blew it? 

Them blowing it is not impossible but I think it’s an outlandish prediction personally. 

Just nervous man 😭

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Here’s my prediction.

Villa lose on Monday, Spurs lose on Tuesday, Villa fans can stop crying on Wednesday, and on Thursday and Friday and Saturday and chill on Sunday.

Sealing it at home in our last home game would be the dream honestly.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It would and I try to always be optimistic but players look on their last legs and no options either. Maybe one last push!

25 degrees outside and people have spent the day watching a team that isn’t Villa scrape a win against one of the worst sides in the league then panicking as a result 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Only risk there is there would 100% be a pitch invasion and possibly enough for a “Dock them points, return to the dark ages” couple of days from the media…..!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Only risk there is there would 100% be a pitch invasion and possibly enough for a “Dock them points, return to the dark ages” couple of days from the media…..!

Pitch invasion would be small time for finishing 4th. Newcastle fans didn't do it last season. Would also ruin the lap of appreciation afterwards given it's a school night.

Edited by VillaChris

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

If that happens it will mean no lap of honour from the players and manager either. Would be a shame.

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Here’s my prediction.

Villa lose on Monday,

I stopped reading here, because that is just too negative for me and my positive vibes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

If there’s a pitch invasion I will stop supporting a soccer team altogether. 

Fearing we might miss out on top four isn't the problem, it wouldn't take the most unlikely set of results for that to happen, it's a possibility, what's annoying is people saying with certainty that we won't pick up another point, again it's possible but far from certain, but maybe worse than being certain we won't pick up another point, is not even acknowledging that we have another two games to play, as if our only hope is City beating Spurs

I think we will beat at least one of Liverpool or Crystal Palace, both have nothing play for, Palace have been on a very good run, but they're a midtable team at best, they haven't suddenly turned into top four quality, midtable teams someimes go on such runs, and then those runs end and they go back to being average, it happens all the time, Palace probably due a defeat as well, of course they might beat us, point is it's not guaranteed just because they're on a good run, football doesn't work like that

I think Manchester CIty will more than likely beat Spurs, but a Spurs result is also possible, they've won three of their last five, at home against City in the league, so wouldn' be the biggest surprise

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Sheffield United beat them on the last day, hopefully it doesn't get to the point where we're relying on that, but it's the kind of strange result that the last day can throw out

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I stopped reading here, because that is just too negative for me and my positive vibes 

I’ll take that even if it was sarcasm! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

59 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But again... That freak result can only be spurs beating city? 

Yes, if Spurs win and the rest goes to the favourites then they get 4th. It's the form of Palace with plenty to play for (they could gain places or drop 2 if they lose) in addition to our form collapsing and our team being exhausted that makes me feel it's really down to Spurs City game.

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sealing Champions League qualification at home is what these players deserve for their incredible work this season. 

Let's hope so. At least get a point 

1 hour ago, Hev said:

We gotta make the best atmosphere ever on Monday and suck the ball into the net if possible. Palace are awesome at present so dont hold out much hope there. 

And as long as the players turn up one more time then we'll be good