Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Just now, ben1505 said:

It's the draw that concerns me... the draw will be enough for them as they'll turn the GD around

Its a 9 goal swing and is a reason for that

Manchester City have only won of their last five in the league against Spurs, and they've lost three of those, so it's not really a one in ten chance that Spurs get a result or even a win.

I'm hoping the above means that Manchester City are due a good win against them, also not sure if in any of those games Spurs played City at this stage of the season when City are normally better than usual, they will have it in their minds that they can't afford any slip ups, they're essentially playing for the league title

Also I think how the fans feel can have an affect on the players, because fans feelings affect the atmosphere, Spurs likely to play a lot better if they've got the whole ground behind them and roaring them on, than they would do if the crowd isn't actually that bothered, and would actually rather them lose if it means Arsenal missing out on the title, and bizzarely it seems a number of Spurs fans do feel that way

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Its a 9 goal swing and is a reason for that

Spurs beat Burnley by 2, Liverpool beat Villa by 2

Spurs beat Shef by 3 and Palace beat Villa by 2, GD gone

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, picicata said:

You seriously need to step away from it for a few days, it seems to be affecting you more than it should.

You're probably right

Edited by ben1505
error

Posted (edited)

How Man City have done against Spurs in the past is pretty much irrelevant. The way they play now is a million miles from the way they played under Conte for example. They are leaking goals like a sieve (13 in their last 4 games) and there is no team better able to exploit that than Man City.

There also can't have been many times Man City have played Spurs needing to win to keep the destiny of winning the title in their own hands with one game to go. Man City will be on their A game and I can't see Spurs keeping it down to less than a two goal defeat. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

And City beat Spurs by 3 = a one point lead

Way I see it, is the biggest game for us in the next few days is Arsenal at Utd. 

If they beat Utd and it would be a huge shock if they don't, then City need to beat Spurs. 

As much that game is Spurs' in hand over us, that is City's over Arsenal and with that in mind, plus the fact they don't have any European distraction, I'd be amazed if City didn't turn up and beat Spurs comfortably. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

How Man City have done against Spurs in the past is pretty much irrelevant. The way they play now is a million miles from the way they played under Conte for example. They are leaking goals like a sieve (13 in their last 4 games) and there is no team better able to exploit that than Man City.

There also can't have been many times Man City have played Spurs needing to win to keep the destiny of winning the title in their own hands with one game to go. Man City will be on their A game and I can't see Spurs keeping it down to less than a two goal defeat. 

Exactly. Conte and Mourinho both have a much, much better track record against Man City than your typical manager (both have won more than they've lost against Pep): Ange isn't proven in this regard.

Plus, Spurs lost to City at home this season in the League Cup...

Edited by wishywashy

12 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

In other words, Tottenham need 5 games to go their way and we need one to go our way. Chill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Way I see it, is the biggest game for us in the next few days is Arsenal at Utd. 

If they beat Utd and it would be a huge shock if they don't, then City need to beat Spurs. 

As much that game is Spurs' in hand over us, that is City's over Arsenal and with that in mind, plus the fact they don't have any European distraction, I'd be amazed if City didn't turn up and beat Spurs comfortably. 

Yeah, if Arsenal don't beat United I'll feel very nervous all of a sudden. Hopefully though with all of United's injuries Arsenal will make light work of that fixture.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Yeah, if Arsenal don't beat United I'll feel very nervous all of a sudden. Hopefully though with all of United's injuries Arsenal will make light work of that fixture.

City will want to win the league at Spurs then so they can organise their parade for their final home game... they won't go any easier regardless of the Man U result...

9 hours ago, ben1505 said:

Including Spurs beating Burnley, City and Sheffield and us losing our last two... 

Yep, possibly.  The bookies give it about a 6% chance of happening.

There are far more scenarios, that are also more likely, that see us finish 4th. But the point is none of them are foregone conclusions. People need to stop acting like they are.

• Like 1