Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Who’d take a draw in spurs v Arsenal?  Think I would as they’re at home 

Arsenal still in title hunt. If they drop points they're out

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

If Spurs lose next 2 games 1 more win should be enough

For me it’s about beating Chelsea and then that will put so much pressure on The Spuds I think they will go away without so much as a whimper. I can then see one of sheff Utd or Burnley taking something off them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Well they were league champions after ten games - their fall from the top has been dramatic. 🤭

I looked at this earlier - they took 26 points from their first 10 games (we took 22). They've taken 34 from 22 since, we've taken 44 from 24

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm surprised at the talk of just 4 more points.

Personally was doing the guesstimate maths earlier and think we need 6 more

4 more points, plus GD, means Spurs would probably need 3 wins and 2 draws. From 6 games. 

I can’t see them getting that. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Udogie out would seem to suggest Ben Davies going to lb against Saka.Thats already a nice boost for Arsenal and us.

Pretty sure previously they've moved Porro out to LB previously. However he also went off injured v Newcastle so not sure if he's in contention.

Udogie is a contender for team of the season so big boost for us he can't feature anymore for them this season.

Edited by VillaChris

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Two wins from last 4 games and we'll end 4th. 

Chelsea next will be tough as they're chasing European football as 6th will likely be Europa League and 7th is Conference, but they are away to Arsenal mid week while we can have a rest and Luiz is back. 

So.

The season isn't over?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

So.

The season isn't over?

No the season isnt over yet...

However the race for 4th is nearly done.....

Key point to remember is Spurs’ sequence of fixtures - Arsenal Chelsea Liverpool then Burnley. Then it’s Man City . Under normal circumstances they should get the 6 points from Burnley and Sheffield United but they might have 0 in the next 3. This is why we need that win against Chelsea. 

We beat Chelsea it's over, the stress heads can worry all they want and the people who don't want us to succeed can pray all they want...

Spurs aren't rocking up with title winning form over the last 6 matches.

• Like 4

I went as pessimistic as I could with us in the table predictor, giving us 1 win and a draw.

I went as optimistic as I could with Spurs, giving them 3 wins and 2 draws.

That would put us in 5th by 1 point, and that feels like a worst-case scenario to me. 

All in all, we are in a pretty good spot. The pressure will really be on them if we beat Chelsea next week and they lose to Arsenal.

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Very tricky. As I thought we looked flat as hell against Lille. 

Even trickier thought… how does Kamara fit into all of this?! Recent performances and progress makes me think we actually only need one of Luiz or Kamara…. 

We absolutely need both. Do you forget how great we were before Kamara got injured. 

We won 13, drew 2 and lost 4 from 19 games he was fully available for (lost United game after he was injured so won't count that). 41 points in 19 games. That's looking like it might be enough to win the league this year. Plus we will have champions/europa league next season, which is against harder competition. And I would prefer if we weren't so pathetic in the cups. Plus Kamara won't be back until December so we will be without both if we sell one in the summer until January basically. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

We’re in such a strong position but we can’t forget that 2 of Spurs last games are against Sheff Utd and Burnley who will probably already be relegated. That’s the 6 point gap made up. We need a couple more wins to be sure. 

Yes but we play Chelsea before spurs play again. If we win that game, spurs might capitulate as it will be a nigh insurmountable gap. That being said we need to go out and beat Chelsea. 

Against Liverpool I think we’re going to have one of our epic performances such as Man City, Brighton, Newcastle etc. Brighton are due a win against us so we might get a draw at best, Palace we’ll beat. But I’d like to go into the final three games knowing it’s done.