Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we failed to win tomorrow but then beat Chelsea and Liverpool. 

it’s a funny old game. 

Neither. I think we're up against it after Arsenal win and 120 mins vs Lille but I won't cry if we don't get the result as we'll make up the points in other games 

20 minutes ago, thejoker said:

4 points from the next two games will be great, regardless of which way around they come. 

Agreed. Would've been appropriate post pre Brentford game as well

• Like 1

Two wins guarantees 5th and at worse Europa league

beyond that we just have to match Spurs results whilst keeping our goal difference better than theirs 

they have Burnley and Sheff U as bankers their other fixtures all look potentially like loses , but alas football doesn’t work like that 

3 wins could just about do it , but I’ve given up trying to predict who we will beat , it would be just like Villa to beat Liverpool but lose to Bournemouth 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

RDCWorld on VT, what a time to be alive

😂 Crazy when two of your worlds randomly collide like this. 

12 hours ago, ender4 said:

That would be some collapse from their current form to only get 1 point from 3 games.

Chelsea and Liverpool are traditionally their two hardest aways of every season so not sure why it's a stretch when they've just taken 1 point from their last three aways and lost two of those 3-0 and 4-0.

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Agreed. Would've been appropriate post pre Brentford game as well

It also means Spurs can't finish above us then just beating Burnley and Sheffield United in the run in. They will have to get draws and wins in some of the other games.

I think some are seeing that and are petrified Spurs have them right at the end but in reality we could be so far ahead it makes it all academic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

There's still 1.1% chance for the coefficient place for England...in our hands as well.

I think all the German teams have to lose every game and we have to win both semi final legs and the final and we'll beat them by like 0.012%

• Like 1

Do Spurs have a week off? We have to play Thursday and Sunday and they dont play at all?

Are they too tired or something from all that sitting around?

2 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

There's still 1.1% chance for the coefficient place for England...in our hands as well.

I believe the expression “flogging a dead horse” would be appropriate to use in this situation. 

4 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think all the German teams have to lose every game and we have to win both semi final legs and the final and we'll beat them by like 0.012%

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I know it's just one result in isolation, but losing 4-0 at home to Spurs was really irresponsible. 

Yep, we really bottled that one. We had a huge chance to build a gap on Spurs and we crumbled. Thankfully we made up for it last week with an ‘unexpected’ win. 

36 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Win 5-1 but the world's best striker doesnt score 

Tbf even the best strikers in the world can’t score when they aren’t even on the pitch 

• Haha 1