Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Just now, nick76 said:

Just reading last week and so far this week, it feels like some are suffering more than just banter to be honest

I think it’s just one windup merchant and others responding. 

If people are getting stressed then I agree. They need to chill out. We’ve had an amazing season no matter what happens. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I still think Liverpool are in it, they just have the firepower to score 6 or fluff loads and score none.

They’re probably one of a handful of clubs that you wouldn’t tout it past them to score 3 or 4.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Asked too much there.

Looks like it goes to wire now for Villa.

4th or bust 

Once again, as much as you may wish it to be the case, it isn't actually true yet that 5th won't get CL.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Too many fans getting twisted up not only on the week but per night and even within games. Too many twists and turns by other teams, let’s just focus on us and the rest will be what’ll be.  It’s interesting to speculate but I think too many are getting worked up with each goal.

Yes totally agree. After the result and performance Sunday I'm no longer worried about other teams.

• Like 1

City and Villa to the finals…we win our end but coefficient FC have bottled it so much that City have to win as Villa have dropped to 5th. 

94’ City tied with PSG, KDB crosses and at the back post, Grealish! 

Get sick, celebrate  

Bookmark this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have said all season I think we will finish 5th, but 5th will get CL.

I now think 5th will not get CL… but I think we have a good shot at 4th.

So don’t listen to me basically.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Arsenal are not beating Bayern tomorrow. Feel Dortmund going out was the best chance. Just need to do our job in the league now

Bayern are missing 3 of their main men.  It will be a coin flip

34 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think if it becomes impossible to secure that 5th spot for the PL, then we will HAVE to focus on the league to land 4th place. We’d essentially need to throw the ECL. 

Between Lille and a possible SF we have the two home games so win those two and we're as good as in with three still to play unless Spurs suddenly start winning every game which I feel is unlikely.

The Arsenal win was such a huge moment as it's now effectively given us a two game buffer over Spurs again with six to play for them. They're going to have to win one of Arsenal/Chelsea otherwise we're going into the distance.

• Like 2

I think we can finish 4th but I’m still confused by the co-efficient and why people are saying the spot has gone.

If City, Villa and Bayer win their respective cups. Surely it’s still pretty tight to get 5th spot ?

We can quite conceivably be 9 points clear of Spurs on May 4th. They could win their next 3 in a row and still probably be behind us. We're in the driver's seat and Unai is at the wheel. Calma. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Is the coefficient based on the aggregate 2 game score or on a game by game basis ? Any one know ? 

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Is the coefficient based on the aggregate 2 game score or on a game by game basis ? Any one know ? 

God what's happened to my quote there...?!

It's an individual match thing. A win is the same for us as it is for City. Big old calculation hanging around the middle.

Currently it's...

GER 17.214 - 16.750 ENG

If Arsenal and City both win tomorrow it'll be...

GER 17.214 - 18.125 ENG

City and Arsenal playing each other means you can project quite far ahead.

Edited by Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

We can quite conceivably be 9 points clear of Spurs on May 4th. They could win their next 3 in a row and still probably be behind us. We're in the driver's seat and Unai is at the wheel. Calma. 

May the 4th be with us

I've stopped worrying about what everyone else is doing in Europe because we are finishing 4th so it doesn't matter...

If we were going to finish 5th I might be mildly concerned...

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Quick Poll. A or B.

a) Win ECL and finish 5th with no CL
b) Knocked out of ECL and finish 4th 

B 100%

Not having CL revenue next season will be a big setback in terms of the project.

I'd rather look at the bigger picture than win a 3rd tier trophy.

Of course i'd rather choose C and win ECL and finish 4th if that's an option.

Edited by AshVilla

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Just googled. That’s a massive blow for Munich. 

8 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

We were missing like 5 of our main men and we still done them over.

They also have home advantage.