Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I hate having to think about Spurs.

With their ego, imagine Spurs fans hate having to think about little old Villa.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders129 said:

So funny all this stressing on the coefficients and 5th place. Come on lads just chill out and try to enjoy Villa being so good this year. UCL isn’t worth this stress surely?

It done wonders for Newcastle 😂

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think if it becomes impossible to secure that 5th spot for the PL, then we will HAVE to focus on the league to land 4th place. We’d essentially need to throw the ECL. 

No guarantees though, as we found out in MON's era.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

How are Spurs fans going to feel knowing that Arsenal knocking Bayern out is how they get CL football next season 😂

Quite weird given they were happier for us to win vs them. Strange lot, would rather see Arsenal lose then them succeed 

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Call me mad. But I have a feeling Liverpool are going to go all out attack and get back in the tie.

At their best they can do it 

• Like 1

Being in Champions League doesn't guarantee anything.

But not being in Champions League will definitely cause a bump in the road at the very best.

FFP and players leaving (having got so close and wanting it more) will happen and mean getting this close again may take some time.

It's an incredible season but don't pretend it won't be absolutely devastating not to be rewarded with CL and/or a cup.

• Like 3

Too many fans getting twisted up not only on the week but per night and even within games. Too many twists and turns by other teams, let’s just focus on us and the rest will be what’ll be.  It’s interesting to speculate but I think too many are getting worked up with each goal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

One more goal please to keep them pointless….

Asked too much there.

Looks like it goes to wire now for Villa.

4th or bust 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

At their best they can do it 

Yeah I still think Liverpool are in it, they just have the firepower to score 6 or fluff loads and score none.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are people really getting stressed though? I thought it was all a bit of banter during the games. 

Just reading last week and so far this week, it feels like some are suffering more than just banter to be honest

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are people really getting stressed though? I thought it was all a bit of banter during the games. 

Just shut up a minute. I'm trying to think.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, maybe even a decent bet, that EVERY English team exits this week.

5th is not going to be Champions League.

Ah well we may as well just give up then.

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

How are Spurs fans going to feel knowing that Arsenal knocking Bayern out is how they get CL football next season 😂

We can't rule out Newcastle Manure Wham Chelsea finishing ahead of Spurs

• Haha 1