Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Just now, VillaChris said:

Can't see this Chelsea team doing much v Spurs anyway, they got very lucky in the end.

So we need to continue winning in the league and in europe until 5th is 100% confirmed as good enough for CL whenever that will be.

Spurs could certainly win at Newcastle and Chelsea in the run in so in that scenario we'd likely need 72/73 points I think.

It’s a Derby and Chelsea’s record against Spurs is very, very good!

• Like 1

Chelsea are in good form, and Spurs aren't that great, the way some talk you would think they were on Liverpool, Manchster City, Arsenal level, they've just taken just one point from West Ham United and Fulham, Chelsea more than capable of beating them

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

He might make an appearance if we lose on Saturday and some how United win on Sunday. Otherwise might need to wait for English teams to lose in Europe.

Was moaning about our xG last night so 0 wins in our last 8 games post incoming I reckon.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WHY said:

99th, 100th and 101st minute they have conceded in their last 2 games, it’s a record that will never be beat!

Other teams have now mastered Fergie Time 😉

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, WHY said:

99th, 100th and 101st minute they have conceded in their last 2 games, it’s a record that will never be beat!

This, ladies and gentlemen, is called karma

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

United 5 points behind us now as their game in hand is Sheffield United at OT. They've the easier run in after this weekend. You'd say 6th place finish is definitely likely for us now.

Massive for United this win and a killer for us

Mate... surely now we can say massive for us and a killer for Man United?

UTV!!!

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Near the end I thought United closing gap to 5 points is not ideal but even then I was still confident we would finish above them.  Theres no chance this United team can go on title winning form and there’s nothing to suggest we would collapse either.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the injuries at the back tonight, United will struggle to finish 6th now, let alone catch us. They are closer to Fulham in 13th than they are to us. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, maxjackle said:

Loudest I've ever cheered a Chelsea goal that's for sure

It was loud in my house when it went in, and I love in Chelmsley Wood! 🤣

Even if Manchester United had have won tonight, they still wouldn't have stood a chance of catching us, as they would still be eight points behind, effectively nine points with goal difference taken into consideration, yes they will probably beat Sheffield United, but we too win will games cancelling that out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

With the injuries at the back tonight, United will struggle to finish 6th now, let alone catch us. They are closer to Fulham in 13th than they are to us. 

I really think they could implode now. Lose to Liverpool, Bournemouth, Brighton, Arsenal etc. Maybe Burnley could even get something off them.

Chelsea started this match in 12th and are now 5 points off Man. United so the margins to 10th or 11th aren't that far off for a team that is conceding 20 + shots every single game.

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Near the end I thought United closing gap to 5 points is not ideal but even then I was still confident we would finish above them.  Theres no chance this United team can go on title winning form and there’s nothing to suggest we would collapse either.

What is or was this mythical 5 points? They’re 11.9 points behind us ffs