Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Roma have two different badges on the home and away kit … it really isn’t a big deal that you and others are making it out to be … hate to see how y’all react in a proper crisis … 😂

Thats TOTALLY different. It's like you put the lion on a villa shirt. It's not a totally different badge. With Roma it's clear what is the first logo. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Didn’t realise so many of our fans were Fashionistas……….it’s just a football shirt.

I am pretty certain if we went back to the thread for the Luke kits we would find exactly the same kind of moaning going on, it’s now viewed as a classic because we got promoted in it. If we win the Conference League I am sure the same kind of revisionist views on this years kits too.

Moaning or expressing an opinion? People can say they dont like a kit without it being deemed moaning same with the page.

If you go back to the luke kit that your alluding too that promotion winning year homw kit without even looking at it what 5 ywars on i can bet the general feeling was the home kit was one of the best in year. I remember there that kit was very well received by fans.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Didn’t realise so many of our fans were Fashionistas……….it’s just a football shirt.

I am pretty certain if we went back to the thread for the Luke kits we would find exactly the same kind of moaning going on, it’s now viewed as a classic because we got promoted in it. If we win the Conference League I am sure the same kind of revisionist views on this years kits too.

This is going to be an unpopular take, but I never got the fuss about the Luke shirt. Failed the first test of not even being a claret shirt with blue sleeves. And it's got two shades of claret and a shite gambling logo on the front.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is going to be an unpopular take, but I never got the fuss about the Luke shirt. Failed the first test of not even being a claret shirt with blue sleeves. And it's got two shades of claret and a shite gambling logo on the front.

Its personal taste. With clothing/designs eveeyone will havw different opinions. I personally loved that shirt but think the away shirt this year ia one of the worst ive seen. But others might love it.

Always going to be conflicting opinions when it comes to this subject

9 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

You wouldn't 

I have gone back and surprisingly the response was more positive than I remember but there are still posters moaning about various aspect of both home and away kits and also the training gear too. The more things change the more they stay the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If anyone is thinking of buying a shirt, training top or Villa gear and you bank with Halifax then they currently have a 12% cash back offer on their online banking app for use on fanatics.co.uk or kitbag.com. The offer is on until 5th September.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Emi 😂

It’s growing on me more (even with that stupid, random assortment of “lions” - where? All I see is a claw 😆).

Quite smart and “fresh”.

Much better than the home shirt which is frankly terrible and the worst design we’ve had since promotion.

On 30/07/2023 at 17:32, Davkaus said:

My theory: it only became popular because we got promoted in it.

I never liked the Luke kit. In isolation,  it doesn't look anything like a Villa kit - colour or style.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

My theory: it only became popular because we got promoted in it.

I never liked the Lule kit. In isolation,  it doesn't look anything like a Villa kit - colour or style.

i think its because it was so alike to the le coq sportif shirt from the 80s

Really not a fan of these white-ish kits that looks grey due to the pattern. The Kappa 3rd kit was the same as was some old Nike kit. 

Just make it off-white if you don't want plain white. Grey is a terrible colour on a kit.

27 minutes ago, sne said:

Really not a fan of these white-ish kits that looks grey due to the pattern. The Kappa 3rd kit was the same as was some old Nike kit. 

Just make it off-white if you don't want plain white. Grey is a terrible colour on a kit.

Having a white kit every two years ia abit drab in my opinion.  I mean how many white kits can you have?

Hoping foe aonethjng different to baby blue or black next season 

2 hours ago, sne said:

Are you talking about the kappa kit that was camouflage/Brum neighborhoods pattern? That’s an outstanding 3rd kit, sorry mate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 479Villan said:

Are you talking about the kappa kit that was camouflage/Brum neighborhoods pattern? That’s an outstanding 3rd kit, sorry mate. 

Yup, that one. Didn't like it at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Yup, that one. Didn't like it at all. 

Well that’s you not coming to my Christmas party. 🤪

also, how much is too much to spend on the training gear this year; asking for a friend?

• Haha 1