Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

Why can't our kit designers grasp one very simple artistic principle?: Less is more.

The new away is better than the home kit, but still way **** too busy. You practically have to decode these kits to understand what the hell they're trying to communicate, and it ends up taking away from the overall impression. Just because you can add another this or another that (piping, sounds waves (!), shoulder "straps," etc. etc etc) doesn't mean you should, right? They just don't know when to stop adding crap. The pale blue shorts sort of get washed out, too. I don't know. OK overall, but not inspiring. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally love it.  And herein lies the problem of any designer. Some think less is more (as per example the post above), whereas some like more outlandish and quirky designs. They can't win! They can't please everyone.

• Like 1

The thing about the badge mash-up is that the rampant lion is already a complicated/busy artistic object, so we're taking that and putting into a blender and out comes ... I just don't think it's very clever as an approach. The chevron designs are way more appealing and focused to me. 

• Like 1

Can't tell what the pattern is. I spied the claws  before I read what it was, and still couldn't work out wtf was going on with it.

It shouldn't need words to explain what it is. Much like the soundwave on the home shirt.

Not a fan of either...which is fine by me as I wouldn't walk around advertising BK8 if they paid me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surprisingly taken me until now to see a picture of the back of the shirt, that pattern doesn't need a break for the number meaning that it carries over, that's something I do like, utds kit for example has a blank back rather than the same pattern, I hate that detail on shirts

8 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

At least we don't have the worst kit this year ... Everton away is a crime against anyone with eyes:

spacer.png

Nah thats a throw back to their 90s kit by umbro (?) I'd take that over arsenal and utds garbage kits from the Adidas random pattern generator 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

Not exactly relating to the Villa kit of this year, but these arrived yesterday...

F2RBMtNXgAAQf0U?format=jpg&name=medium

F2RBM5fXAAI1kQO?format=jpg&name=medium

Nice....custom made I presume ? 

Where from pls ?

32 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Nice....custom made I presume ? 

Where from pls ?

Yeah, went on to Nike by You. I used the US online store as it's not available locally here in Dubai, but available locally in the UK.

Not all the styles have the colours I wanted, but the Blazer 77 range carries both claret and blue.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Yeah, went on to Nike by You. I used the US online store as it's not available locally here in Dubai, but available locally in the UK.

Not all the styles have the colours I wanted, but the Blazer 77 range carries both claret and blue.

Thanks for that. I always wanted a nike claret and blue pair to rival my gazelles....will check it out 

• Like 1

Didn’t realise so many of our fans were Fashionistas……….it’s just a football shirt.

I am pretty certain if we went back to the thread for the Luke kits we would find exactly the same kind of moaning going on, it’s now viewed as a classic because we got promoted in it. If we win the Conference League I am sure the same kind of revisionist views on this years kits too.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The two badges thing is such a mess and screams identity crisis. I still can't believe they messed this up so badly.

Roma have two different badges on the home and away kit … it really isn’t a big deal that you and others are making it out to be … hate to see how y’all react in a proper crisis … 😂

• Confused 1