Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

18 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Basically Chris Heck has come in, seen the new badge and said Boooooooorinnng.

In fairness the new badge was the safe choice, pretty bland. Obviously better than the previous monstrosity but i imagine we can do better and be a bit more dynamic/forward thinking even if it will rattle plenty of cages.

I'd agree if this was the case. The new badge is so boring. And it hardly looks original or establishes a unique brand identity. It's also a bit dull on the kit imo.

It's OK. Better than what we have, but also duller too.

I like the sewn badge, hate the kit - don't like the shoulders, looks like there was some blue material left over so they patched it on.

Will wait to see what the 2nd and 3rd kits look like.

16 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Absolute state of the badge branding situation.  I can buy people finding it a bit boring, too safe, not their favourite out of the options given... whatever.  But I do not believe for one second that anyone, I do mean literally anyone, believes it isn't at least a worthwhile improvement on the old one.  

Oh it’s definitely a huge improvement, but is it ever going to be globally recognisable like the big clubs? I don’t think so.

Perhaps the higher ups weren’t happy with how Purslow (assuming it was him) went about the rebrand, so rather than spending millions changing the badge on every conceivable physical and digital platform, they’re waiting to see how it does because Heck and his team don’t reckon it’ll do the job. Just a theory.

I agree it’s a bit of a shambles, but I used to work in design and my girlfriend still does, and the best designs are always the ones where the client provides a few clear parameters and then trusts the designers to do their jobs. I think we put too many constraints on the re-design and listened too intently to far too many people regarding what they wanted, hence why we wound up with two very average, bland designs. I imagine our owners have far bigger aspirations than that.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Really? You can’t think of one reason why someone would care?

No it's a kit. Who cares if it looks shit. It lasts for less than 12 months and no one will ever think about it again. 

• Thanks 1

"We know the kit is shite so please buy it as we may not keep the badge afterall, making it a one-off collectors item. No, seriously, please buy it even if it's shite and the man who picked it has been sacked, okay!?!"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The new badge is so boring. And it hardly looks original or establishes a unique brand identity. It's also a bit dull on the kit imo.

build-a-bridge-bridge.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I'd agree if this was the case. The new badge is so boring. And it hardly looks original or establishes a unique brand identity. It's also a bit dull on the kit imo.

It's OK. Better than what we have, but also duller too.

The new badge looks good on the kit, but it looks shit beside the other PL badges.