Weekends Football 6/7 May

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

How much are they paying him. 

bizarre comment, just because somebody is paid a lot means people will automatically be motivated by them

We paid Gerrard a fortune for his winning personality

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surely he needs to show to future employers he's still got something about him still at prem level?

Leicester was a difficult task but they did have a bounce when he came in. I thought they were really poor v Everton and lucky not to lose that and Fulham have just played around them so easily. Considering they've got Liverpool and Newcastle next their lack of intensity in that first half is unacceptable as they needed at least a draw today.

Other prem clubs aren't going to be falling over themselves to appoint him if he takes Leicester down (Norwich were always going so that's a more subjective opinion on the overall job he did there).

Sorry but what is he supposed to do when players decides to throw games?

Smith has nothing to prove after the amazing job he did here.

Smith is the reason we are able to hire managers like Emery in the first place.

Set all the foundations for the club which we are still benefiting from.

• Haha 1

Just now, Pinebro said:

He has a lot to prove at PL level. He has enough there to get them out of it. The squads a lot better than norwichs was

• Like 1

That Leicester bench is full of players with reputations like Evans, Ndidi and Ricardo plus players like Dewbusry Hall, Daka and Souttar who get spoke about really highly so not sure how they are so shit

If the score had stayed at 2-0 DS probably wouldn't have even made a change.😂

Could've easily subbed 5 of them off there. Wasn't Tete amazing v us at VP so I assume he's another who's done nothing for them since.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

He has a lot to prove at PL level. He has enough there to get them out of it. The squads a lot better than norwichs was

They have the 2 worst keepers in the league and are playing the worst centre back in the league

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Of course he's still got stuff to prove, future clubs aren't going to hire him because he got us to 11th once (as good as that was at the time). They want to see him continue to prosper at clubs he manages even if it's just for short term.

I think 99% of us on here fully appreciate the part he's played in our recovery and he'll always get a hero's welcome at VP but it's not going to impress other chief execs as the years go on.

Bit like saying Eddie Howe could keep getting premier league jobs after Bournemouth if he kept getting relegated. Potter will need to prove himself again in his next job after the Chelsea disaster.

4-0 anyway.

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Look, I like the bloke and I have a lot of time for him, I love what he did for us, but let's not pretend he didn't have it on easy mode having one of the best players we've ever had at this club. He has a lot to prove outside of VP, like, can he get a team playing football without the patented "pass it to Jack" tactic.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That Leicester bench is full of players with reputations like Evans, Ndidi and Ricardo plus players like Dewbusry Hall, Daka and Souttar who get spoke about really highly so not sure how they are so shit

lack of ambition from the owner - which is what it is given everything that's happened plus them rebalancing what they actually are and where they are - means they've given up

must be hugely disappointing if they go down, this squad is too good for it on paper but they just don't perform

Fulham are very well coached. I always think that everytime I watch them.

Think they've only lost 2-3 times by more than a single goal this season which is amazing for a newly promoted team. All their summer signings have come off and I don't think they'll be in any relegation trouble next season either.

After it all fell apart for him at Everton it shows Marco Silva was pretty clever taking time out of the game and going in at Fulham where you could get a quick promotion and then build the club up under pressure so that's something for DS to consider for his next move.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

bizarre comment, just because somebody is paid a lot means people will automatically be motivated by them

We paid Gerrard a fortune for his winning personality

No but its like people should feel sorry for him when he's been paid a fortune for failure

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I'm genuinely shocked they didn't put in Dewsbury Hall today. He's not amazing but the sort who'll rat about a bit and put in challenges which is basically what their away end has been demanding first half.

Guess he's not technical enough for DS but Soumare was a disaster first half.

Â