Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

I am in shock.  This is the equivalent of signing Emery as manager.  Absolute elite level appointment.  Just look through some of the names he has been instrumental in signing through his career.  He knows his stuff.  Stunning.

• Like 4

He must be well excited to move home from Barcelona to Birmingham. He's a big fan of the bullfighting apparently and is looking forward to checking out our Bull Ring. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, allani said:

I am in shock.  This is the equivalent of signing Emery as manager.  Absolute elite level appointment.  Just look through some of the names he has been instrumental in signing through his career.  He knows his stuff.  Stunning.

Neil ( From the love of Paul McGrath ) breakdown video was very good as well, posted earlier in the thread.

He's got a law degree as well as done his time in the " trenches " when it comes to Football Business, he knows the system inside out.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He must be well excited to move home from Barcelona to Birmingham. He's a big fan of the bullfighting apparently and is looking forward to checking out our Bull Ring. 

When Alemany realises the Bull Ring is full of handbags and high heels, rather than Bulls and Matadors.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Surprised we didn't go for a really big hitter like Craig Gardner in all honesty. 

We don't need help from them lot up the road.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Almenary coming proves one thing to encourage us all...

Unai Emery is going nowhere.

An excellent point, and very positive news.

18 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Almenary coming proves one thing to encourage us all...

Unai Emery is going nowhere.

I think it proves three things:

1) Emery is going nowhere

2) NSWE are going nowhere

3) When Purslow talks about the club trying to take on the Sly 6 and challenge in Europe - he and the Board REALLY mean it.

• Like 2

I think I have just read that Alemany tried to sign Haaland three seasons ago.  If he finds us the next Haaland then one thing is sure - I will be celebrating with many ales (see what i did there?!)

29 minutes ago, allani said:

I think I have just read that Alemany tried to sign Haaland three seasons ago.  If he finds us the next Haaland then one thing is sure - I will be celebrating with many ales (see what i did there?!)

No!

1 hour ago, YLN said:

Tell me more

He's the director. In charge of the football side.

They will as a football club they will have a board of directors. They will want one of those directors to be in charge of and run football matters. 

In other news can someone explain what the hell a finance director does? 

What ive liked about all the people who’ve worked with and under Emery so far is they aren’t front and centre. Even Purslow has rained it in somewhat. Was a bit of a hallmark of Smith and Gerrard era to see interviews with Terry, O’Kelly, Pitarch, Beale, Cutler fairly frequently. I didn’t care for that. Emery’s crew are very low key. All about the work. This guy looks impressive but without sounding like a buzz kill, want to get him and then get to work basically and not overly fawn at any one individual. It’s not how we roll under this manager. 

Â