Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

5 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Barca is a weird beast. I am more interested in his time before he got there. However, their situation with the debt/levers must have been a nightmare to navigate and I think you could say it has been handled well. They have a quality young spine to the team and the makings of something great if they keep improving the team.

His Mallorca/Valencia work is definitely a better indicator of his work

Barcelona is a team that was overpaid and dodgily put together. They don't do shrewd negotiations and bargains

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I know nothing about this guy, but it sounds like a big coup.

But, hasn’t Barca’s last few transfer windows been a bit of a shambles? Loads of free transfers on ridiculous wages, some couldn’t even be registered for ages, and now looking half of them to take pay cuts or leave. 👀

Doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence.

This was my immediate thought.  On the one hand they're up shit creek without a paddle in terms of their financial future. On the other, he's helped to win them a league title even through an effective transfer ban. And I'm not sure how much of either of those things he's actually responsible for. 

I don't know anywhere near enough about him to form a view, but the overwhelming sentiment seems to be positive so I'm going with that.

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wasn't their inside rumour that Lerner was shocked after buying the club that relegation from the PL was a thing? Seems dubious I admit

Think I heard something similar. Also heard that Boehly assumed he’d be in the CL every season??? Probably not true.

Anyway, there is already a huge disconnect between the Premier League and the EFL in terms of money and the way they’re run. I can just see the Premier League with all this money and American influence distancing themselves more from the idea of ever being relegated and trying to reduce the amount of Jeopardy. 

Could be wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Think I heard something similar. Also heard that Boehly assumed he’d be in the CL every season??? Probably not true.

Anyway, there is already a huge disconnect between the Premier League and the EFL in terms of money and the way they’re run. I can just see the Premier League with all this money and American influence distancing themselves more from the idea of ever being relegated and trying to reduce the amount of Jeopardy. 

Could be wrong. 

Lerner knew football. He wouldnt have been that stupid.  He understood romantic nourishment.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

He's sounds a ruthless negotiator. Good luck dealing with us now Daniel Levy.

I'd love to have Joe Pesci (like in Goodfellas) as our negotiatior 

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

I'd love to have Joe Pesci (like in Goodfellas) as our negotiatior 

I want to buy Messi... haha you are funny... 

Funny how? .. we all know the rest. 

I think Pesci might be a bad move mate🤣🤣

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Barca is a weird beast. I am more interested in his time before he got there. However, their situation with the debt/levers must have been a nightmare to navigate and I think you could say it has been handled well. They have a quality young spine to the team and the makings of something great if they keep improving the team.

Agreed, i'd say for the last couple of years, Barca have been run akin to how Boehly has been running Chelsea, absolute mad house where they been making mental offers to tempt players in an attempt to replicate former glories.

We don't necessarily know how much is down to Alemany.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

hasn’t Barca’s last few transfer windows been a bit of a shambles? Loads of free transfers on ridiculous wages, some couldn’t even be registered for ages, and now looking half of them to take pay cuts or leave. 👀

Doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence.

None of these things are down to Alemany. It's a recklessly run club, in a poorly run/marketed league.

If they split the TV rights the way we do, I'd have a crumb of sympathy for them. They already take the lion's share and still can't sort themselves out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beastmix said:

None of these things are down to Alemany. It's a recklessly run club, in a poorly run/marketed league.

If they split the TV rights the way we do, I'd have a crumb of sympathy for them. They already take the lion's share and still can't sort themselves out.

How they managed to pay Messi so much when he would have never left is one of the most ridiculous situations i have ever seen. 

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Saw some rumours about one of the reasons he’s leaving Barcelona is that he was against bringing Messi back. 

Supposedly. But never believe anything spanish sports media say. Its like sunday sport levels of truth 

Â