Midweek Football 1/4 May

andykeenan

43 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Enzo Fernandez is NOT worth £108 million. Average at best. 

Absolute mare of a signing 

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Well that’s not true. 

What do you mean its not true? It's an opinion. Bournemouth have the same points as them and are in better form. Wolves are just 2 behind them.

23 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

What do you mean its not true? It's an opinion. Bournemouth have the same points as them and are in better form. Wolves are just 2 behind them.

“As it stands” Bournemouth do not finish above Chelsea, because they are below them. That’s as it stands. That isn’t an opinion at all! :D 

44 minutes ago, bobzy said:

“As it stands” Bournemouth do not finish above Chelsea, because they are below them. That’s as it stands. That isn’t an opinion at all! :D 

As it stands meaning "the way they are performing currently". Not "as the table stands".

There are many usages for phrases you know.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Another pathetic dive given by a weak ref. 

But but, the refs are against them, Klopp said so

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Not sure that's a pen tbh. 

I’m not convinced there’s *any* contact and if there is, Nunez is already in the air before it comes. 

pathetic cheating, weak on field ref and even worse cowardly word removed in the VAR booth 

Defender goes to clear the ball while not under control of the ball and striker just runs into him =pen? 

I mean he didn't even know or go to tackle Nunez. 

Don't like these manufactured pens. 

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Defender goes to clear the ball while not under control of the ball and striker just runs into him =pen? 

I mean he didn't even know or go to tackle Nunez. 

Don't like these manufactured pens. 

Meanwhile, Stephen Warnock screaming ‘clear contact’.

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

When in doubt, dive. Sadly modern football.

Upheld by VAR too because ‘contact’. (Not convinced there is any) That goes down as a correct VAR decision and the standards are the best they’ve ever been apparently. 

sorry I was wrong, there is contact but with Diop’s standing leg. So an attacker can run into a defender’s standing leg, fall over, get a pen and have it upheld by VAR?

standards never higher 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Upheld by VAR too because ‘contact’. (Not convinced there is any) That goes down as a correct VAR decision and the standards are the best they’ve ever been apparently. 

And all is forgotten. Liverpool win (of course). Magnificent Mo with a brilliant penalty.

Â