The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

4 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Liverpool getting rid of two CM who's legs have both clearly gone for a combined £52 mill. I mean be under no illusion nobody else offers close to that sum for Fabinho and Henderson. 

Overpaying for Fabinho by alot stinks of 'favourwashing' or 'you owe me support' for Saudi's future endeavours. 

Maybe, or it might just be that the Saudis are the new English, rocking up in leagues buying average or declining players for big bucks because everyone can see them coming. I mean, if this is about future favours, what favours are you imagining? And why Liverpool, specifically? I'm not seeing any Saudi clubs coming in with megabucks bids for Harry Maguire and Phil Jones. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe, or it might just be that the Saudis are the new English, rocking up in leagues buying average or declining players for big bucks because everyone can see them coming. I mean, if this is about future favours, what favours are you imagining? And why Liverpool, specifically? I'm not seeing any Saudi clubs coming in with megabucks bids for Harry Maguire and Phil Jones. 

It's been discussed multiple times they might push for champions league spots, world cup or they might even be looking at reigniting the whole super league idea but with there 4 teams aswell. 

The night is still young with other teams and shadow games like these can't be so blatent. 

6 hours ago, useless said:

I'd be very surprised if Man City were really interested in Raphinha, he's about as far away from a Guardiola style of player as you can get.

Grealish was the furthest I could imagine from a Guardiola player even 12 months ago, now he's a key cog in a treble winning side. If you'd pointed out Haaland to me a year before he signed too I'd have said there's no chance of Guardiola wanting a player like him. 

Think the end result is Guardiola only has a type of player to fans and media, he's pretty broad with the players he works with and signings he makes. 

14 hours ago, duke313 said:

£70m is the new £30m. If that is the going rate for midtable PL midfielders, then going to see a lot more players running their contracts down. 

One of the worst players at Villa Park last season. Looked an out of his depth clogger

Funny some people then say we be lucky to get 10 million for Bailey in this mad market

17 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

🤣

That's a good deal for Everton tbh considering there finances. Yeh I get the irony from the whole January saga but still think it's a good move. 

Not sure what's happened at Villarreal tho. 

33 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Is the transfer window slow to get going? Outside the top 8, there doesn't seem to be a whole heap of signings happening. Or am I not paying attention?

Its usually like this. Start of August usually heats up

Chelsea have been quiet so it feels dull 😜

West Ham signing Man City youngster Carlos Borges for £14m, haven't seen him play but had seen him getting a lot of hype this summer, twenty-one goals and eleven assists in twenty-four appearances for Man City U21s last season, or twenty-nine goals and eighteen assists in thirty-three appearances in all competitions, pretty impressive stats but hasn't played a first team game yet.

5 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Is the transfer window slow to get going? Outside the top 8, there doesn't seem to be a whole heap of signings happening. Or am I not paying attention?

Yes it is and was expected to be even slower than usual by agents I know and work with.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Elanga to Nottingham. Good move for him that, should get more regular game time than at Manure. Does it mean that Brennan Johnson is moving...

Surprised they've sold him tbh I know they got garnacho, guess they're all in on him

• Like 1