The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Chelsea want £75m for Havertz apparently 😂

And £70m for Mount.  £140m would go a long way to ease their FFP worries, especially Mount who would be pure profit.

Every PL club should avoid doing business with them.

• Like 1

I will be absolutely gobsmacked if Barella a) leaves Inter (he’s seen as “untouchable” and has three years left in his deal b) would go for just £50m (less than the asking price for Onana) and c) would go to Newcastle if he did leave. 

I really hope it doesn’t happen. That Luke Edwards for the Telegraph is far more of a speculator than the other journalists for the Telegraph. 

If arsenal sign havertz it says to me they can't find a proper number 9 which is what they actually need

That barella story looks too good to be true from a Newcastle perspective, fee is too low and there should be much bigger fish after him

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If arsenal sign havertz it says to me they can't find a proper number 9 which is what they actually need

That barella story looks too good to be true from a Newcastle perspective, fee is too low and there should be much bigger fish after him

They spent Jesus last summer

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They spent Jesus last summer

He's not a proper out and out striker though is he? They've got Jesus, Martinelli, trossard but none of them are number 9s, jesus has a scoring record of about 1 in 2.5 I think

They've got nkeitah and I spose it'll be interesting to see if balogun gets a chance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

I will be absolutely gobsmacked if Barella a) leaves Inter (he’s seen as “untouchable” and has three years left in his deal b) would go for just £50m (less than the asking price for Onana) and c) would go to Newcastle if he did leave. 

I really hope it doesn’t happen. That Luke Edwards for the Telegraph is far more of a speculator than the other journalists for the Telegraph. 

No chance he goes for £50m, asking price will be double that.

3 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

Nice of the 'super 6' to give each other, even their supposed rivals, a helping hand.

No different to Juve and Barca doing that massively inflated swop deal involving Pjanic and Artur to help get both round FFP. Or Morata being loaned endlessly around CL sub benches.

Havertz needs to go somewhere where he played at Leverkusen as Arsenal already have Jesus who can do creating space as CF role and Trossard is of similar ish profile so don't really get the move and Arsenal don't have a great record at all recently signing Chelsea players, Cech, Luiz, Jorginho so think it might be agent talk.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

He's not a proper out and out striker though is he? They've got Jesus, Martinelli, trossard but none of them are number 9s, jesus has a scoring record of about 1 in 2.5 I think

They've got nkeitah and I spose it'll be interesting to see if balogun gets a chance

He mainly played as a striker with Martinelli on left and Saka on the right. He was also Brazil No.9 for a while