"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, wedge said:

The Terrace View match seats aren't in the middle of the Trinity.

Yes, I meant that £68 per match for middle of Trinity vs £83 per match for Terrace View which includes 2 drinks. It’s not far off being comparable. 

My journey to VP is about a 2 hr drive and as I don't normally buy a program nor will drink alcohol as I have to drive back after the game, so other than being able to access some fancy place pre game is not going to get me to upgrade from my ST and part with another £450. Plus the fact I don't get to attend every game.

To be honest I may consider the option as a "pay as you go" now and again if it was available...

I think I will stick to my cup of tea and chips with curry sauce pre match slap up meal !

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Not keen on this fan account at all but has written a good summary to be fair

That contradicts previous info that your season ticket waiting list place remains as is. Interesting (assuming its not wrong which I wouldn't put past this account...)

Also, they're blocked by me so thanks for highlighting their one useful post this month. 

Edited by MrBlack

24 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

That contradicts previous info that your season ticket waiting list place remains as is. Interesting (assuming its not wrong which I wouldn't put past this account...)

I think it's...

Your normal season ticket waiting list position stays frozen as it is whilst you have the Terrace View season ticket.

You can renew your corporate Terrace View season ticket if you want to. 

What you can't do is convert your Terrace View corporate ticket into a standard season ticket.

Edited by ender4

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think it's...

Your normal season ticket waiting list position stays frozen as it is whilst you have the Terrace View season ticket.

You can renew your corporate Terrace View season ticket if you want to. 

What you can't do is convert your Terrace View corporate ticket into a standard season ticket.

That's what I expect, but it isn't what Mr faithful is saying 

Right, 3 of us just got offered the Terrace View season tickets. I have lots of questions before i can commit…

1) I don’t want to lose my place on the main waiting list.

2) Are we guaranteed to get 3 seats sitting together?

3) Currently we sometimes bring our kids and just buy extra tickets in the Upper Trinity and all sit there together. How do I get round this? Can I buy extra tickets when kids want to come, or can I move to Upper Trinity for those games?

4) Can I give the tickets to a friend when I can’t make it?

29 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Right, 3 of us just got offered the Terrace View season tickets. I have lots of questions before i can commit…

3) Currently we sometimes bring our kids and just buy extra tickets in the Upper Trinity and all sit there together. How do I get round this? Can I buy extra tickets when kids want to come, or can I move to Upper Trinity for those games?

I'd guess 4 is a yes,  2 and 3 are no's, and 1 is a pot luck based on conflicting information at the mo. 

Maybe phone the club?

Edited by MrBlack
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ender4 said:

i'm going purely by the limited information available and pure guesswork:

1) I don’t want to lose my place on the main waiting list. - you might

2) Are we guaranteed to get 3 seats sitting together? - probably

3) Currently we sometimes bring our kids and just buy extra tickets in the Upper Trinity and all sit there together. How do I get round this? Can I buy extra tickets when kids want to come, or can I move to Upper Trinity for those games? - it's unclear whether you get the same privlages as other season ticket holders (it's been suggested you don't have ability to buy away tickets), including the sales window for buying additional tickets. regarding moving to the trinity for odd games, why would you pay the premium only to move for a number of games throughout the season?

4) Can I give the tickets to a friend when I can’t make it? - see question 3 - you might not be able to do that even though regular ST holders can

edit: answer to question 1) is that you'll lose your waiting list place:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/villa-park/the-terrace-view/

Will I remain on the general admission season ticket waiting list once I have purchased The Terrace View season ticket?

No, once you become a Terrace View season ticket holder, you will no longer be on the season ticket waiting list.

What happens if I don’t renew my Terrace View season ticket next season?

If you cancel your Terrace View season ticket, you will re-join the season ticket waiting list.

Edited by tomav84
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

regarding moving to the trinity for odd games, why would you pay the premium only to move for a number of games throughout the season?

Because otherwise my son can’t attend any games this season while I have the Terrace season ticket. So it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make.  

• Like 1

Loss of waiting list status is huge.

Its helpfully vague that it doesn't specify whether you rejoin where you were or rejoin at the end, but I assume it's the end.

Fair Play to anyone that can afford to commit to this kind of expense and either be happy to do so forever more or sacrifice their right to a normal season ticket for probably 10 or more years. 

• Like 1

They're in a difficult position, where it being an apparent way to skip the waiting list is distasteful, but kicking you off the list is a joke.

It's a predicament entirely of their own making.

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They're in a difficult position, where it being an apparent way to skip the waiting list is distasteful, but kicking you off the list is a joke.

It's a predicament entirely of their own making.

I think it’s fair enough to be honest. 
I’m 12000 on the waiting list, but have the opportunity to skip it with the email I’ve got for terrace view… that’s fair, and I’m really contemplating it, even though I live in London. 

But I’d feel abit slack if I could buy this for one year then move elsewhere in ground after. 

Can’t have it all I guess. Want to skip the line, I / we gotta commit and pay for it. 

• Thanks 1

I've spoken to (an incredibly sound and helpful guy who is in charge of Terrace View accounts) at AVFC hospitality this week so please let me clarify:

You 100% lose your place on the season ticket waiting list if you take up Terrace View this season. Your only option at the end of the season is to renew for either a Terrace View seat again for the 24-25 season or another hospitality place (subject to availability). If you aren't able to or don't wish to do this and want a standard season ticket you go to the back of the 30,000+ waiting list queue. Not taking the Terrace View up does not count as a strike against you, so for people who are a number lower than 10,000 on the waiting list currently and therefore stand a good chance of being able to get one over the next three years or so when the stadium capacity is increased this would only serve really to stitch yourself up into paying thousands of pounds per season more if you want a season ticket to watch the 19 Premier League home games that Aston Villa play.

• Thanks 2

@GeordieVillan it's interesting the way you describe that, you're buying a season ticket for the season - I guess for most people, the idea gets into your head that you're buying a season ticket for the rest of your life, that this is you joining a club that you'll always be in - your's is a different perspective and I don't think anyone is going to begrudge you that ticket.

You're getting a great facility for your money - hope we get a season that makes it feel like the best money you've ever spent!

• Like 2

If I understand this correctly Villa have pretty much put a VIP rope in the concourse area of the Lower Holte and are charging £500 a season for this. In order to make sure this sells out they have taken advantage of the huge waitlist by pairing it with a season ticket and put the price at £1.5k in the hope that there's 500-1k people who will be willing to pay it?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

If I understand this correctly Villa have pretty much put a VIP rope in the concourse area of the Lower Holte and are charging £500 a season for this. In order to make sure this sells out they have taken advantage of the huge waitlist by pairing it with a season ticket and put the price at £1.5k in the hope that there's 500-1k people who will be willing to pay it?

Completely wrong.

It's the Upper Holte.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Completely wrong.

It's the Upper Holte.

Also there’s the ability to watch games before and after the 90 right, so it works for fans who live outside of Brum Who May want to get there early. 

It’s not prawn sandwich fodder I don’t think, as you’re not buying 2 through your business and taking clients to it are you? It’s not true corporate.

I think it’s a fair way of people getting into games and those people have to pay a premium for it.

The fact you then have to stick with it at renewal or go to the back of the waiting list is fair compromise for skipping the line so to speak. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Pretty much apart from it’s in the upper and they lose there spot on the season ticket waiting list if they go for this terrace so back of the line 

Â