Happy Easter for once

useless

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It's not for another week, yet. 

Ermmm I brought Easter eggs for the various kids across the family and friends over the last few weeks and realised I’d brought too many so I scoffed one Tuesday night quite easily…Happy Easter 🥳

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to think of Easter based music and films that are tolerable.

Films - The Long Good Friday, obviously. I guess Life of Brian would count too. Mall Rats is apparently set at Easter, but not seen it and at best I’m indifferent to Kevin Smith.

I’m struggling after that. I’ve never watched Easter Parade (I assume it’s set at Easter, I have no intention of watching it to find out).

So I’m going with 1. The Long Good Friday, 2. Life of Brian, 3. Runaway Jury (John Cusack’s character is called Nick Easter which I think qualifies it).

Music, nothing at all is coming to mind. I don’t know what the Easter equivalent of “Merry Xmas Everybody” or “Stop the Calvary” would be. 

Any obvious ones I’m missing? I am aware of the Russell Brand voiced Easter themed film - Hop and it will play no further part in my deliberations.

Die Hard

Yes it's set at Christmas but there's a bit at the end where one of the baddies comes back to life, so it's really a modern re-telling of the resurrection. He also has long hair and an automatic weapon so he's clearly Jesus.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Films - The Long Good Friday, obviously. I guess Life of Brian would count too. Mall Rats is apparently set at Easter, but not seen it and at best I’m indifferent to Kevin Smith.

I’m struggling after that. I’ve never watched Easter Parade (I assume it’s set at Easter, I have no intention of watching it to find out).

So I’m going with 1. The Long Good Friday, 2. Life of Brian, 3. Runaway Jury (John Cusack’s character is called Nick Easter which I think qualifies it).

Music, nothing at all is coming to mind. I don’t know what the Easter equivalent of “Merry Xmas Everybody” or “Stop the Calvary” would be. 

Any obvious ones I’m missing? I am aware of the Russell Brand voiced Easter themed film - Hop and it will play no further part in my deliberations.

A whole load of REMs music involved Mitch Easter. He has quite a resume to be honest. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The_Passion_of_the_Christ_poster.png

• Like 1