Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Emery mentioned we'd 'be ready' if needed today, and if Coutinho does move to Qatar then I think we could be in for someone on that left side. 

McGinn can play there, but when JJ is back someone like Smith Rowe on loan would/could be a shrewd move to save the spending. If we did want to spend, keeping an eye on where Gnonto ends up by 11pm...

• Like 1

I reckon we'll sign someone who can play where we played McGinn and Ramsey last year - wide midfielders if you like.  We've seen Bailey, Cash and Tielemans play there already this season, and it is not their normal position. 

I'm calling Los Celso. . . . (Guess!)

If we don't hear of us singing someone by 1/2pm surely there's not time left then to do medicals etc. and sign someone. 

I want to Fabrizio tweets about xyz to Villa by lunch otherwise I'll start to move to the acceptance phase

2 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I reckon we'll sign someone who can play where we played McGinn and Ramsey last year - wide midfielders if you like.  We've seen Bailey, Cash and Tielemans play there already this season, and it is not their normal position. 

I'm calling Los Celso. . . . (Guess!)

Was just coming to post this, he must be under consideration at least

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we don't hear of us singing someone by 1/2pm surely there's not time left then to do medicals etc. and sign someone. 

I want to Fabrizio tweets about xyz to Villa by lunch otherwise I'll start to move to the acceptance phase

Haven't you heard of the mythical "deal sheet" that arsehat Dharmesh Sheth will start going on about at approximately 6pm?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Haven't you heard of the mythical "deal sheet" that arsehat Dharmesh Sheth will start going on about at approximately 6pm?

Dharmesh and Kavi, the "It's our understanding" chuckle brothers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You a fan of Summerville too? 😉 

Overall been a good window I think. Diaby and Tielemans looks to be settling in nicely, Pau looks good and Zaniolo is a smart signing. Lenglet as cover is a low risk move too. Shifted quite a few players and with Coutinho leaving probably gives us opportunity for one more signing. Let’s see.

This window was about quality additions and we’ve done that. Shifting talent and profiting from young prospects with buy backs is very smart. Still think we are short at right back, but hopefully we can remedy that. Most importantly, we have Monchi in place. 

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Any chance we manage to offload Hause somehow, somewhere?

Guy’s kind of in limbo n I feel a bit sorry for him, has given us good service (and that goal at Old Trafford!) and always been professional.

Just not up to the required standard and needs to overcome his injury troubles…

Needs to go and rebuild his career and reputation… suited to the Championship …

Would imagine we'll pay up his contract at some stage unless he's got years left? I assume he signed a new one in perhaps 2020 so might just have 12 months to run so we pay him up like Wes.

He'd be o.k for someone like Luton but guess he'll end up in championship.

Just now, The_Steve said:

This window was about quality additions and we’ve done that. Shifting talent and profiting from young prospects with buy backs is very smart. Still think we are short at right back, but hopefully we can remedy that. Most importantly, we have Monchi in place. 

Surely Cash, Konsa and Chambers are going to be the options. I think signing Lenglet shows we're committing to using Konsa at RB.

• Like 2