Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So if Coutihno is off and potentially Bertie too (unless he's injured again?) then surely we have at least a couple coming in tomorrow. 

If Coutinho is off he's been injured so much it's barely like losing a squad option

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villaglint said:

If we are spending time trying to get Alvarez with one day of the window left then we aren’t signing anybody. If true sounds like we’ve spent all summer waiting for Felix and ended up with nowt. Hopefully that isn’t the case. 

We haven’t though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think there's some interest but we're not going to panic buy or sign someone for the sake of it. 

Agreed unless it’s an absolute need then the level of signings as has been seen will be better than what we have. We’re signing players just below the elite level now.

• Like 2

Feels a bit like January albeit on a grander scale. We got in Moreno as Emery really wanted him, definitely wanted at least another player in but didn't force it and had a great latter half of the season regardless. Similarly this summer there's been some big additions and Emery would probably like at least another attacking option to add to them, but if it's not the right one there's still enough to work with for now. 

I’m so used to how we do transfer windows I completely forgot that we’ve got Monchi, who might just go crazy on deadline day and surprise us all.

Unlikely, but I’m not making any assumptions on whether we are or aren’t finished for this transfer window.

Roll on 11pm tomorrow and let’s see what happens.

It’s sad, but it actually makes me happy to see us selling players as opposed to loaning them out.

By the end of the window our net spend could be quite low, and I would happily argue with anyone who says that we’ve not had one of the best transfer windows of any PL club this summer.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

are Davis and Philogene close to leaving then?

Will be interesting if Coutinho leaves.....(would expect an incoming if that happens?)

anyone else primed to go?, cant think of anyone.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Minor injury so people making up he's off 

Can't see us letting him and Coutinho leave and not bringing anyone in. That would be incredibly risky.

End of the day Zaniolo looked good v Burnley, Bailey isn't going anywhere, Duran is starting to score against lower opposition, Ramsey hopefully back in a month and Diaby been amazing so far so that's still a reasonable amount of options up to January for the two attacking positions either side of Ollie so add Traore to it and I'm fine with things.

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Will be interesting if Coutinho leaves.....(would expect an incoming if that happens?)

JPB went to Hull last week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

So has Ramsey actually gone?
Davis has gone to Udinese for 2m plus add ons
Has JPB gone?
What is the Coutinho news?

Have we signed the Frenchman?

54 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Ok, so…

Aaron Ramsey was sold to Burnley for £14m with a buyback clause… he came on as a sub against us when we thrashed them.

Archer was sold to Sheff Utd for £18.5m with a buyback clause.

Davis is on his way for a medical and move to Udinese, deal £2-3m.

Philogene… the deal was pretty much done for £5m but the agreement on term or length of buyback clause was a sticking point but seems to have been resolved or agreed upon - should go through on deadline day.

Lenglet is on the way and the deal is close to completion.

Coutinho is due to leave for Qatar… joining Al-Duhail… should be completed soon.

Digne is staying, Unai is “very happy” with him. 

-

Further transfers are still possible (both outgoings and incomings, nothing has been ruled out by anyone at the club)… I get the impression that we will try and bring in a perceived “big/statement signing” that Unai has wanted for a while (but deal was difficult or took a long time to finalise or to attract/convince the player) to help boost our attack…

But, if we don’t manage to complete any more business… we’re happy with where we are at and who we have got… we can hold fire and just strike at the right time and take advantage of the right opportunities in future too…

I don’t feel anyone else will be sold but I haven’t got a clue 😆

No signing players for the sake of it… only the ones Unai actually wants and sees as ideal or the “right fit”. 

Could be a busy and exciting last day… Monchi will be busy regardless…let’s try n enjoy it 😆

It’s nearly over…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any chance we manage to offload Hause somehow, somewhere?

Guy’s kind of in limbo n I feel a bit sorry for him, has given us good service (and that goal at Old Trafford!) and always been professional.

Just not up to the required standard and needs to overcome his injury troubles…

Needs to go and rebuild his career and reputation… suited to the Championship …