Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Transfermarkt doesnt have the A.Ramsey deal shown in our departures this year, seems strange as they normally dont miss a transfer in or out of a club.

He's on the Aston Villa u21 transfers page 👍

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ings might be off to Everton according to " The Sun ".

Kind of feel for Ings, what a strange career.

Issue is, the game has sort of moved on from the " Fox in the box " only ( Or predominantly ) type strikers.

I wonder did we put in a sell on clause

10 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

It's not just as simple as 'our back up keeper is crap' though. When you have such a dominant no.1 keeper, it's a difficult position to fill, hence why Unai is content having Olsen in the role. He's far from perfect, but is an experienced full international. 

For a keeper to stand in for Emi without there being a sizeable drop in quality, you're looking for a keeper that would be able to play regularly in the PL, or top Championship side. With that in mind, how do you recruit a player of that calibre, with him knowing full well that instead of regular football at another club he should come to Aston Villa and rarely play. 

Given how seriously Unai takes the cups, it's not even a 'gimme' that he'll get to start those early games. What's in it for a good keeper to be a #2 at Aston Villa in lieu of being a #1 somewhere else?

Yep he’s an international but palace have a reserve keeper in Sam Johnson.

I’d prefer him

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I've never actually seen Ings as one of those. He can drop deep and link the play as well as score. He got a couple of really nice assists for us like the one to Bailey for his debut goal v Everton. I think maybe it's more a case of teams tending to like a more physical, athletic forward these days.

Ings is pants.... Has been for years. Either on the bench or injured for most of his career. Had one stand out, freak season that he's been able to dine out on ever since.

"Everton are interested" tells you all you need to know.

He's so incredibly overrated....

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I do wonder if we will make one last attempt to sign Joao Felix. Another loan-to-buy possibly.

Just watching AM game now and he’s on the bench, got a face like a smacked arse! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Ings is pants.... Has been for years. Either on the bench or injured for most of his career. Had one stand out, freak season that he's been able to dine out on ever since.

"Everton are interested" tells you all you need to know.

He's so incredibly overrated....

He's past his best now but he certainly wasn't pants. His goals to minutes ratio has always been very good.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

The only thing I reckon we might do at this stage is a last minute crack at one of the clubs in Spain or Italy who need the money and might instruct a player that he needs to leave because they need the money.   That or a loan offer for Lo Celso as a replacement for Coutinho, if he moves.  That said, great window, but I think we are done. 

Just now, STO said:

The only thing I reckon we might do at this stage is a last minute crack at one of the clubs in Spain or Italy who need the money and might instruct a player that he needs to leave because they need the money.   That or a loan offer for Lo Celso as a replacement for Coutinho, if he moves.  That said, great window, but I think we are done. 

Id be shocked of no one else came in

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id be shocked of no one else came in

I’d be surprised if another big money signing came in. 

I think we’re basically done for incoming players unless a great opportunity presents itself at the last minute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I sense its going to get very tetchy in here as we get towards the deadline without any signings.

Can't wait it's going to very funny 😄 

Gonna be a lot of disappointment people on here come 11:01 on Friday night 😂

• Haha 1