Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Diaby doesn't inspire you with confidence? He grew up playing striker. Emery said they signed him because he can play striker as well as left and right. People being so obtuse 

Why the hell would i move diably from a position he is absolutely thriving under?? Diaby looks brilliant in his current position movong him would be madness!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

As much as i feel we are bringing someone else in   the lack of noise is starting to worry me a little. We do not seem to do radio silence any more. Always lots of chatter and leaks before someone comes in. 5 days to go . 

It seems to me that it's mainly when we are chasing players in Spain where the leaks come as keeping a secret over there seems impossible.  I'm still hoping that a couple more arrive and it's just that we have managed to keep it quiet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think a loan with option to buy wouldnt be too bad. Can play left and right back so would be a good move i think 

I’d rather we just got Moreno back, fit and firing and stick with Digne as the alternative for this season… move him on the next. Don’t see the urgency to make a change there but we’re not privy to the details or what is going on behind the scenes…

None of the links or names have been that encouraging imo. 

• Like 1

Already shared the comment but it’s been put online again today, Unai says there are 4 days left and we are ready for players leaving and joining…

Monchi will be relentless…

I don’t think anyone’s expecting more than a couple of signings but more would be welcome for sure, depends on who is leaving.

Once again, quality not quantity.

Despite the suggestions, there isn’t a single person here who wants signings for the sake of it - nor is there anyone at the club who wants that.

Unai will continue to elevate and strengthen this squad and team over time… we want to keep pushing, progressing and competing. No standing still or accepting mediocrity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’d rather we just got Moreno back, fit and firing and stick with Digne as the alternative for this season… move him on the next. Don’t see the urgency to make a change there but we’re not privy to the details or what is going on behind the scenes…

None of the links or names have been that encouraging imo. 

I was thinking more for cover for cash

I agree dignes been very good so far this season and really stepped up. Id rather keep him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJay said:

The issue with having too many players is also one we don't see as fans, it's the day to day at the training ground, the imbalance of the sessions and having to fit too many players in.

When Ramsay, Moreno, Donk are back the bench will look much stronger.

We do need 1 more attacking option and ideally a right back but I'm sure the club are working to the last minute, and most likely waiting for clubs to get replacements in etc.,

Some managers also prefer working with a smaller squad as well and I dont mean Bielsa small squad. Sometimes its easier to work with 20 senior outfield players to get the message across and also because fewer players moping about that they are underused

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I was thinking more for cover for cash

I agree dignes been very good so far this season and really stepped up. Id rather keep him

Tbh, I’d still be happy to move Digne on but ONLY if we brought in a genuinely better or “higher potential” (younger) option… otherwise no. We can shift those wages later… better to use him if he’s playing well and got plenty in the tank… less urgency to do so if Phil leaves who is a lot less useful.

I want the LB to be able to defend too, even if he’s bombing on.

Cash? I don’t think we need cover, I think he needs genuine competition. Far too comfortable and unchallenged.

I don’t see Konsa as that, he is not direct “competition” but an alternative in the way we set up and play. I like him in that role too and am excited about the Pau and Diego partnership. The problem is… we need Ezri at CB too and the other two can’t play every single game.

Again, we may have cover or players able to play there but… it’s downgrading and fitting players in (Chambers can do a job, maybe Dendoncker and Kamara can too but… playing players out of their natural/favoured positions can be risky).

We haven’t replaced Young in the squad who was usually playing over Matty (although he had his fair share of knocks and involvement at WC, would have played more otherwise - will be a lot better and more useful for us this season).

-

I think we have “cover” but that’s not good enough or reflective of our ambitions or intent…

We need competition, genuine quality, if we want to have an amazing season… especially with all the games we have to play.

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Already shared the comment but it’s been put online again today, Unai says there are 4 days left and we are ready for players leaving and joining…

Monchi will be relentless…

I don’t think anyone’s expecting more than a couple of signings but more would be welcome for sure, depends on who is leaving.

Once again, quality not quantity.

Despite the suggestions, there isn’t a single person here who wants signings for the sake of it - nor is there anyone at the club who wants that.

Unai will continue to elevate and strengthen this squad and team over time… we want to keep pushing, progressing and competing. No standing still or accepting mediocrity.

Saw Neil say on his podcast that he is expecting 2 bodies in.

Could be nothing, but i know they get info sometimes.

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think a loan with option to buy wouldnt be too bad. Can play left and right back so would be a good move i think 

Played majority LM on loan to Marseilles where he scored all his 6 goals and no assists. Arsenal lost Timber to ACL first game. Zinchenko coming back from injury, Gabriel benched and still can't get a run. Is he injured or not fancied?

38 minutes ago, John said:

I doubt Levy would want to pay the full £50m that Forest were asking for him. I wonder how low Forest are willing to go, £45m or even £40m?

Tbh… I don’t really care 😆

Happy for us to stay out of this… Forest are in a good position…

They can ask whatever they want really… 💰 💰💰

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Some managers also prefer working with a smaller squad as well and I dont mean Bielsa small squad. Sometimes its easier to work with 20 senior outfield players to get the message across and also because fewer players moping about that they are underused

That's what has come out from players like Konsa saying Emery talks about a small family

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Played majority LM on loan to Marseilles where he scored all his 6 goals and no assists. Arsenal lost Timber to ACL first game. Zinchenko coming back from injury, Gabriel benched and still can't get a run. Is he injured or not fancied?

I think Arteta doesn't fancy him but even beyond that he just doesn't fit the way they're trying to play now. Arteta has essentially carbon-copied what Pep did last season and isn't using full backs at all now, or at least not attacking ones, so there's no real place for Tavares anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw Neil say on his podcast that he is expecting 2 bodies in.

Could be nothing, but i know they get info sometimes.

Post match review? 

Did that come from himself or was he commenting on someone else’s comment? Or was it Paddy? He seems to get genuine information.

Some guy commented a while back (who Neil said was legit) and then Zaniolo was signed…

Regardless, I feel confident that we will bring in at least, and maybe just, 2 signings of genuine quality to make us stronger.

We’ll be in a better place once the window closes… it’s going to be a good season…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Post match review? 

Did that come from himself or was he commenting on someone else’s comment? Or was it Paddy? He seems to get genuine information.

Some guy commented a while back (who Neil said was legit) and then Zaniolo was signed…

Regardless, I feel confident that we will bring in at least, and maybe just, 2 signings of genuine quality to make us stronger.

We’ll be in a better place once the window closes… it’s going to be a good season…

I think Paddy is sort of ITK.

Paddy cracks me up when we play badly.....no holds barred, both barrels, is Paddy.

• Like 2