Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, supermon said:

Guess Ferran Torres is off the list, he seems to be on fire for Barca right now, doing they will let him go.

They're playing a 16 year old kid ahead of him.

I think it's one of those where Barca would be happy to sell him to us or other interested teams but he has a Joao Felix mindset about us.

He did play for Man. City so guess leaving Barca for 7th place team from his point of view isn't worth it and he'll sit it out at Barca even if he's just a regular sub option.

36 minutes ago, duke313 said:

You say we literally played all our defenders? Then proceeded to name a defender we didn’t play 😂

Yeh because he isn't good enough? Not hard to understand really. 

People have really short memories with Chambers. 

We are so near to breaking into the top five this season, imo. A couple of signings would really increase our chances of making sure that we achieve this. I really think that we need another striker that could offer us an alternative/some competition to Watkins. At the moment we have all our eggs in one basket with him and a loss of form/injury would really hit us hard. It might also tempt him to sign a contract now, rather than to delay (possibly on his agent's advice) in the knowledge that he holds all the cards at the moment and should the situation be the same in 12 months, clubs would be lining up to tempt him away and that could leave us with a premium to pay to try to keep him or needing to sign a replacement, when other clubs were alerted to that. Cover for Cash and for Emi (someone who would be comfortable in playing out from the back) would do nicely. Make it so Villa.     

1 hour ago, beasley14 said:

Agreed, somethings not quite right there!

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Only 6 this summer, been a quiet one for them. Suppose they didn't need much after the 300 last year.

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

For me right now priority is

1. A right back

2. A striker

3. Back up goalkeeper.

The first two must be of very high quality for us to compete on all fronts, I can accept not getting a striker if we get 1 and 3

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You want someone better than Chambers, who can play CB RB DM, but won't be starting XI. Good luck with that

Yeh i mean heaven forbid buying someone with potential who could break in or keep someone clearly not good enough. 

Some just happy to see us stand still. 

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

The first two must be of very high quality for us to compete on all fronts

That implies starting XI. Doubt starting XI today bar Martinez gets changed and that's with Bailey, Tielemans, and Zaniolo on the bench and JJ and Moreno to come back

Edited by Kiwivillan

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

We're 2nd for points in 2023 behind Man City. 

Some just happy to be glass half empty all the time

Will you be annoyed if we sign someone else? Waste of money and all that.

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

1. A right back

2. A striker

3. Back up goalkeeper.

The first two must be of very high quality for us to compete on all fronts, I can accept not getting a striker if we get 1 and 3

I think you are going to be very disappointed 

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

1. A right back

2. A striker

3. Back up goalkeeper.

Hasn't Emery said he's happy with Olsen as number 2? Hoping for a back up goalkeeper when the manager has publicly said he's happy with the back up means you're not likely to get what you want.

2 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Hasn't Emery said he's happy with Olsen as number 2? Hoping for a back up goalkeeper when the manager has publicly said he's happy with the back up means you're not likely to get what you want.

He's not going to say no he's rubbish.

17 minutes ago, paul514 said:

1. A right back

2. A striker

3. Back up goalkeeper.

Almost no chance we get another RB ( as it’s pretty clear Konsa will fill in there when needed.

Also no chance of getting another goalkeeper as Unai has implied that he’s happy with Olsen as no2.

Just now, daggy_333 said:

I'm confident that Olsen will still be our number 2 after the summer transfer window closes.

And I'm confident we'll win absolutely nothing and underperform if he plays in too many games that matter