Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

52 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Since someone mentioned Inheanacho from Leicester, can anyone explain why Ndidi is still there? I'd have thought he'd have been snapped up as he and Tielemans worked really well together. Their best two midfielders by far. I'd consider replacing Dendoncker with him and I'm a big fan of our Belgian brick wall. Am I missing something about him?

He has been awful for about a season and a half. Don't know what's happened to him, rumours of a personal situation, but he has been really bad, and no where near the top defensive midfielder that he was. 

I would stay well clear of him 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

He has been awful for about a season and a half. Don't know what's happened to him, rumours of a personal situation, but he has been really bad, and no where near the top defensive midfielder that he was. 

I would stay well clear of him 

Injury

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Iheanacho, Wan Bissaka, Awoniyi. Are we shopping in the bargain bin all of a sudden?

Of those three players, the latter two would not be a 'bargain' in any conceivable sense of the word. Hasn't Awoniyi scored something like 6 in his last 6 games? Not gonna be cheap. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Of those three players, the latter two would not be a 'bargain' in any conceivable sense of the word. Hasn't Awoniyi scored something like 6 in his last 6 games? Not gonna be cheap. 

Was going to post the same, probably £30m + for the latter two and £15-20m for Iheanacho. 

I actually agree that Nacho would be a solid option but probably wouldn't be a massive bargain. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I just meant that they're more like backup players rather than players to really drive us forward. Awoniyi is decent but would be backup to Watkins, as would Iheanacho. They wouldn't ever be properly challenging him.

Edited by Leeroy

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I just meant that they're more like backup players rather than players to really drive us forward. Awoniyi is decent but would be backup to Watkins, as would Iheanacho. They wouldn't ever be properly challenging him.

Wan Bissaka would be an instant starter and the perfect RB in Emery's system.  He's the best defensive right back in the Prem and an elite 1v1 defender.  I honestly thought he would be one of our targets this summer back in ~February/March, but he's played his way into ten Hag's future plans at ManUre during the second half of last season.  I'd be surprised if he left now because he's rumored to have entered contract renewal negotiations.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WHY said:

I wouldn’t mind Awoniyi from Forest, strong, decent pace and works hard. Would be a good back up for Ollie and knows the league. Got into double figures last season in a very average Forest team.

Yeah I rate him too but reckon he'd cost at least £40M now

3 hours ago, VillaJay said:

I really don't think Wan Bissaka is any better than Konsa at right back who himself is very good one v one.

I watched Wan Bissaka live a few weeks ago in a friendly and he was really poor technically and his passing was terrible.

Really don't rate him.

Edited by KMitch

53 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Wan Bissaka would be an instant starter and the perfect RB in Emery's system.  He's the best defensive right back in the Prem and an elite 1v1 defender.  I honestly thought he would be one of our targets this summer back in ~February/March, but he's played his way into ten Hag's future plans at ManUre during the second half of last season.  I'd be surprised if he left now because he's rumored to have entered contract renewal negotiations.

He isn’t good enough with his feet which is very important in and Emery team

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Montiel to Forest on loan with obligation to buy, it seems.

i do hope we are after a RB.

Konsa was great today. Emery played RB not pushing forward last season. Konsa can do that. 

• Like 1

West Ham willing to sell Fornals for $24 million euros apparently. 27 years old so entering his peak years and always puts 100% effort in plus is pretty good at scoring….I think he would be a really good fit for our squad especially whilst buendia is out