Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Archer leaving really makes me feel another attacker must be planned. Just like last January, many of us are thinking why are we going for a left back when it's a right back we need? I'd like to think we will get a right back too but right now I'm thinking left back and forward are what we will go for this window!

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

What a change in our recruitment,  loans and sales. We are no longer stuck with players who can't develop with us and have to go on loan to clubs who have no real interest in their development. 

This is what a successful well run club does, it innovates,  doesn't just plod on following the status quo. 👏 

It really is a great turnaround and how lucky we are with NSWE taking over when we were on brink of oblivion. As a Villa fan since Ellis days have to pinch myself we finally have super competent owners at last

• Like 2

Just now, Monkeypuzzle said:

Archer leaving really makes me feel another attacker must be planned. Just like last January, many of us are thinking why are we going for a left back when it's a right back we need? I'd like to think we will get a right back too but right now I'm thinking left back and forward are what we will go for this window!

Maybe Emery rates Cash more than some people on this forum do?

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Not to replace Cash! I'm one of his most vocal supporters here. I mean as a second player to compete for that role. If he gets injured we have Chambers and Konsa. Konsa is being used in the middle and I don't think Chambers is of the same quality as Cash, so I'd like another right back.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We don’t have any competition - an injury to Cash is not good enough to try solely on Ezri. Cash isn’t good enough to be our first choice in a potentially 50 game season. We need rotation. 

• Like 1

On 20/08/2023 at 16:30, thabucks said:

With Archer available by all reports.  Philogene looking like he’s joining Hull on a permanent, and the A.Ramsey move finally being completed that’s maybe £40mill plus of sheer profit and creates huge wiggle room from a FFP perspective.  Are we clearing the decks for a big money signing or two before the windows out ? 

I guess players like Omari Kellyman have to have room to step up....its a conveyor belt.

The ones we are moving out are c 21....its time for first team football for them, now.

We have been gradually migrating away from the scenario where, 21 year olds are still not ready, its a hangover from the old regime.......We need to get to a place where 18 year olds are knocking on the first team door.

Christian Purslow was right in his observations, about some of our academy players, were still developing, a bit late.

We have to make way for new signings, both football wise and financially.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I still think our season is over if Emi gets injured and our only backup is Olsen.

I pray it doesn't happen.

Not being spoken about enough.

One thing I will say is, there seem to be a lot of clubs vying to sign a solid number 2 so we’re not alone. 

I think only Ramsey we might get back, but it’s nice to have a buy-back clause for all of them. To sell them at these prices make you think about the work our management are doing. 
Some great talents still coming up, if those guys showed their qualities, our academy players which we produce will be looked at by many clubs, which would make it easier for us to sell in good money.

I actually think that us needing Dinge this week could make Nice feel the danger and change their offer to a permanent fee to convince us to take the risk on selling him. If that happened it’s better to go for a loan signing such as Sessegnon. 

Edited by abdulaziz1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Not too long left now… more moves are in the pipeline…

They sure are.

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

The versatility Emery wants in the squad also helps us have a smaller squad.

This will be the type of player we will be attempting to bring in before the window closes.

Many players tick the 'versatility' box which is exactly what Emery is looking for.

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

Not Ings obviously.  Someone who better fits our system.  I'm sure Emery and Monchi will know of such players. Probably someone in La Liga, like Borja Iglesias or Gerard Moreno.

Don't forget Serie A!

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

No idea who, but I think Monchi and Emery will be working on something. 

All those players you've mentioned, we have been linked with ages ago, and some have flat out rejected us.

They definately will be working on something, how big? Who knows. But I wouldn't be surprised to see our transfer record fee broken again.

As you say, 'some' rejected us but not all.

All in all, for us to have sent out 4 of Our academy players for the money we have got for them and also almost got Digne gone too, suggests something big could be ready to happen.

It will be an interesting end to the window that's for sure.

• Like 1