Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

29 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Honestly can’t see us signing Alonso.

He’s a decent enough left back and can provide cover in central defence, but given he’s 32 and earning over £100k per week, it’s totally illogical. 

Also thought Digne was fantastic at the weekend.

So I take it from that, you would say... Spock Illogical GIF | Gfycat :D

• Like 1

On 20/08/2023 at 05:34, OutByEaster? said:

Indeed. I'm surprised there's less talk about a right back - especially with Ty out injured - that'll restrict our ability to play Konsa there - even if just for numbers we need a back up right back desperately.

Unai has said that he thinks of Chambers as more of a RB or MF than a CB. Maybe he thinks Chambers is his cover at RB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Unai has said that he thinks of Chambers as more of a RB or MF than a CB. Maybe he thinks Chambers is his cover at RB.

What happened to the links to the young Spanish RBs?  They seem to have disappeared?

‼️ Xabi Alonso loves Abde. The player does NOT want to go to the Premier, despite the interest of English clubs in him. His priority is to stay in Spain (Betis, Osasuna and other interested clubs) to play and, if not, Bayer Leverkusen.

Here we go again with the Spanish press 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

‼️ Xabi Alonso loves Abde. The player does NOT want to go to the Premier, despite the interest of English clubs in him. His priority is to stay in Spain (Betis, Osasuna and other interested clubs) to play and, if not, Bayer Leverkusen.

They really hate us for taking their best Spanish manager and Sporting Director 🤣

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently Brighton are looking at Uruguay U-20 captain Fabricio Díaz. 20 y.o DCM/CM. Never heard of him or seen him play but I still want us to sign him now :D 

Always wanted Villa to sign some Uruguay players.

Diaz is going to be quality.

I've seen a bit of him play, I guess he's similar to Enciso who they already have and Barca were linked with Diaz a few months back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Diaz is going to be quality.

I've seen a bit of him play, I guess he's similar to Enciso who they already have and Barca were linked with Diaz a few months back. 

Figured as much since I found the rumor on a Barca forum. They were not happy about missing out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

Also thought Digne was fantastic at the weekend.

He got a lot of the ball and put in some decent crosses, but he was constantly in 20 yards of space (Dyche masterplan to only defend the middle of the pitch) so it's hard to judge how well he actually played.

1 hour ago, allani said:

Apparently none of them count because everyone in the world knew about them.  The only way we can claim we have a good scouting / recruitment team is if we sign a player from Outer Mongolia that no-one has every heard of for a spare set of tracksuits, put him straight into our starting XI (dropping a player value at £40m to accommodate him) and that player then going on to win the Ballon D'Or in his first season.

If Outer Mongolian fans are anything like the Tanzanians... They can keep him...whoever he may be.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I posted about this guy at the beginning of the window no links whatsoever just a player that I liked , funnily enough we all joked that twitter journalists were reading Villatalk and would eventually create a story about it😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

I posted about this guy at the beginning of the window no links whatsoever just a player that I liked , funnily enough we all joked that twitter journalists were reading Villatalk and would eventually create a story about it😂

Know nothing about him, we are certainly due a right footer now though. Lol

What's he like?

34 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Moretto is legit (assuming that's a genuine quote from him).

• Like 1