Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Tavares would be a mad one, he stood out to me as an absolute disaster in the games I saw him for Arsenal. Genuinely seemed like one of the dumbest players I've seen

10 minutes ago, Ogen said:

Tavares would be a mad one, he stood out to me as an absolute disaster in the games I saw him for Arsenal. Genuinely seemed like one of the dumbest players I've seen

Hopefully just a “smokescreen” but he apparently did well on loan at Marseille…

Don’t think Arsenal would offer us a decent deal anyway…

Forest also interested but negotiations are “complicated”.

Honestly don’t know if he’s any good but I’ll favour moves for younger players rather than older ones in general… 

As long as Unai gets what Unai wants…

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I do wonder if the lack of Saudi interest in our players is due to us being a competitor of Newcastle. Brighton haven't sold anyone to Saudi either. 

How does that explain Fabinho and Henderson ? or if you believe some, Chelsea’s sales, even though they’ve revived the same amount from AC as Saudi in fees… Traore is just back to fitness and who knows what Coutihno has been offered are the two main targets IMO and there still time. 

1 hour ago, Feidhlim said:

I'll be so sad if Tim leaves permanently. Thought he would have been a 3rd choice DM for us this year.

He's only just turned 20 and only had 1 loan. I think he'll get a 2nd one and we'll sell him next summer with KKH 

35 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

You can’t rely on Troare to keep fit, he might score the occasional goal but he’s a luxury we could do without and probably hard to shift for that reason and his wage. 

That’s much more applicable to Coutinho imo… Traore has contributed and offered more when he has been given a chance. He’s not as injury prone as Phil…

Tbf, after Deano left his opportunities have been limited and he was sent off to Turkey by the Scouse clown…

Unai brought him back and he contributed…

I’ll always be appreciative of his efforts and contributions at times during lockdown… he was a major player for us back then and it would be nice to see him back in that sort of form…

I don’t think he has a future here but I do think he still has something to offer…

Last year of contract… let him run it down I say and score the odd goal and show flashes of brilliance for us against weaker sides…

• Like 2

If Iroegbunam is going to Hull then I don't think it will be a permanent as I doubt they would be able to afford what we would want for him, even with a buy-back-clause. It's crossed my mind that maybe it could be Traore the ambitious East Yorkshire outfit are going for, loan with option to buy or obligation to buy should they achieve promotion might suit us, similar kind of deal to when Wolves loaned Helder Costa and Cavaleiro to Leeds and Fulham in the Championship.

1 minute ago, useless said:

If Iroegbunam is going to Hull then I don't think it will be a permanent as I doubt they would be able to afford what we would want for him, even with a buy-back-clause. It's crossed my mind that maybe it could be Traore the ambitious East Yorkshire outfit are going for, loan with option to buy or obligation to buy should they achieve promotion might suit us, similar kind of deal to when Wolves loaned Helder Costa and Cavaleiro to Leeds and Fulham in the Championship.

No chance, Traore wouldn’t be interested in going there. He’d push for a move abroad first or sit at Villa than go down a division to them.

Tavares has enormous potential, going forward he could be one of the most frightening full backs on the league. His initial spell in England was not to the standard of Arsenal but he showed potential like lots of young players but probably wasn't ready at the time. He's since gone to Marseille where he was apparently excellent. He certainly matches the profile of Moreno, offers good recovery pace and is relatively young but now has experience in three leagues and European football. 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Tavares has enormous potential, going forward he could be one of the most frightening full backs on the league. His initial spell in England was not to the standard of Arsenal but he showed potential like lots of young players but probably wasn't ready at the time. He's since gone to Marseille where he was apparently excellent. He certainly matches the profile of Moreno, offers good recovery pace and is relatively young but now has experience in three leagues and European football. 

There was a time when Saliba wasn't good enough for the PL and did ok at loan on Marseilles...

Tavares obviously a bit older, but no reason why he can't come back and do a job for us potentially. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, striker said:

Cannot believe that after Ming’s injury Villa didn’t go all out to sign Laporte.

and what do we do then when Mings is fit again? Signing players permanently to cover injuries is not a good recruitment strategy 

• Like 1

One problem is we signed players at different times based on different circumstances where we probably overpaid and gave out too generous of contracts. It’s been a problem for many, many years and why we struggle to sell many names for profit. I get that the academy grads want game time, but the fact that we cannot shift deadwood without loans or hoping their contracts run down is still a problem. With the infrastructure in place now, we can at least remedy that. Especially when the market is just utterly ridiculous right now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Tavares needs to play as a winger rather than a left back.

I actually think he'd do a good job for us in front of Moreno. F*** me, it'd be chaos on that left hand side!

Well our LB is needed to be a winger really. They get defensive support from the free 8 in front of them. Where RB doesn't need t be a winger but gets less support from the winger in front of them.