Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Would Benjamin Pavard be a totally unrealistic target? Bayern want about €40m apparently and the move to Inter has fallen through as they only want to pay €30m.

RB/CB. hybrid. 27 y.o. He's pretty tall so works for the posters on here with a fetish for that. 

He is someone who crossed my mind earlier in the window and he would be an upgrade on Cash for sure, but I read recently that Man Utd and Arsenal were battling for his signature. So probably an unlikely signing for us.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Would Benjamin Pavard be a totally unrealistic target? Bayern want about €40m apparently and the move to Inter has fallen through as they only want to pay €30m.

RB/CB. hybrid. 27 y.o. He's pretty tall so works for the posters on here with a fetish for that. 

Surprised he’s only 27… there would be stiff competition I would think but it would be a great signing…

• Like 1

If Pavard goes anywhere, it’s Inter. However Tuchel said last night that he’s decided he wants to keep him for the season, even if it means he leaves on a free at the end of the season. 

Edited by Rich192

8 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Bit of a shithouse tweet that one, why drag Neil Taylor’s name into it!

Cause he was one of the most limited players to pull the shirt on over the last 10 years that’s why. 

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Cause he was one of the most limited players to pull the shirt on over the last 10 years that’s why. 

He really wasn't he did a great job for the club at the time and level we were at.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

He really wasn't he did a great job for the club at the time and level we were at.

Seemed like a nice bloke/good club man and he may well have been giving 100% all of the time, but I'm with thabucks, I don't remember him being great for us, particularly towards the end of his spell (can't properly remember - did he have a bad injury?).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

Seemed like a nice bloke/good club man and he may well have been giving 100% all of the time, but I'm with thabucks, I don't remember him being great for us, particularly towards the end of his spell (can't properly remember - did he have a bad injury?).

Same. I don't remember this balls-to-the-wall work ethic either. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Wow, some people really don't know how to appreciate hard working players, do they? We were a relegated mess when he arrived and he was one of the more consistent, reliable members of our defence as we tried to turn years of downhill struggle around. Of course he wasn't as good as the talented individuals we are lucky enough to have at the club right now, but that doesn't mean you should be crapping all over his efforts in those difficult times.

Like a player at the club you support, or not, your opinion is fine, but show some respect to our players, past and present!

Ok 😂Without going off topic his cowards tackle on Coleman was no better than Ben Mee who gets pelters on here. And the notion he was hardworking is pretty laughable. All I said he was a very limited footballer which is true. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Ok 😂Without going off topic his cowards tackle on Coleman was no better than Ben Mee who gets pelters on here. And the notion he was hardworking is pretty laughable. All I said he was a very limited footballer which is true. 

The greatest accolade you could give Taylor was that he was a crap Matt Target. Meh. 

• Like 1

If Che Adams goes to Everton, I wonder if Southampton will make a move for Archer.

They will have raised £130m from player sales and will need a striker. They like signing younger players and Archer has excellent Championship experience.

Makes a lot of sense in my tiny brain.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Che Adams goes to Everton, I wonder if Southampton will make a move for Archer.

They will have raised £130m from player sales and will need a striker. They like signing younger players and Archer has excellent Championship experience.

Makes a lot of sense in my tiny brain.

Crazy thing being archer would be a better option for Everton...

Adams is utter gash, can you imagine being an Everton fan years of underachievement followed by years of circling the drain because of a terrible transfer policy only for your club to go chasing a striker who just got relegated with a 1 goal in 5 strike rate

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I agree about Adams.  Not a great player, whereas Archer has pace and movement, he's busy and likes to be in the box, pulling defenders around.  Just in the last few weeks, working under Unai Emery will have made him a better player.  15m plus add ons and I reckon we might do a deal as long as there is a buy back clause. 

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

He is someone who crossed my mind earlier in the window and he would be an upgrade on Cash for sure, but I read recently that Man Utd and Arsenal were battling for his signature. So probably an unlikely signing for us.

Fair enough he may not want to play for us but I don’t think the fee is outrageous