Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not getting Laporte then as he’s off to Saudi 

Not related to us, but seems a bit disappointing… top class on his day with plenty more to offer, could continue competing at a really high level but… 💰 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Thoughts? Would be a decent option to come in as back up and learn under more experienced players, then eventually overtake them.

I think he’d be a good pick up for us. U21 captain. Probably more developed than a Bogarde or Feeney. Then looking long term a successor to a Carlos or Mings. I liked what I saw of him at U21 Euros. 

2 hours ago, PeterSw said:

Something tells me that the Newcastle game was Leon's last chance as a winger. Offered absolutely nothing and Emery rightfully hooked him. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leaving before the deadline

I agree 

There was a guy on Twitter who mentioned Acuna around 5-6 days ago, before anybody else. At the time I thought he was talking rubbish but now he seems worth a follow - anybody know who that was? 

It was in the same post about Zaniolo and the guy wasn’t a journalist - just a fan. 

13 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

A Man City youth player with no League or cup experience at senior level? He would be at least £20 million by their standard, with a buy back clause. Pass!

He has had two and half seasons on loan in the Championship and half a season in the Belgian League.  I guess we should send Luiz back to City then, he had less experience and also had a buy back clause.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

They might well pull it off this year with the profile of player they are buying. Obviously I hope they  crash and  burn horrifically. 

Also, every time I see Chelsea on this thread, I keep reading Chiesa. Wishful thinking

Unfortunately the latest rumours in Italy are that PSG are looking at signing Chiesa to replace Neymar.

47 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We need an experienced marshall in to cover Mings for the season. He's not that. 

I don’t think we need an experienced one, we already have couple. We need depth and possibly pacey defender. If we can get a good young one then we’d have done very well. 

Are Villa sending out signals that they are desperate to buy players to cover injuries or is this part of the grand plan during the Summer, having identified and to bring in new players before the window shuts?

Just feels like a slight panic going on, I may be wrong (usually am!)

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Are Villa sending out signals that they are desperate to buy players to cover injuries or is this part of the grand plan during the Summer, having identified and to bring in new players before the window shuts?

Just feels like a slight panic going on, I may be wrong (usually am!)

Bit of both probably. The 2 season ending? Injuries surely changed our plans

2 hours ago, Feidhlim said:

More likely we are planning for Ben Chrisene in a few years, in my opinion.

Teams don't plan that far ahead with Youth team players. If one of them happens to make it like Grealish, JJ or Chuck it's a bonus.