Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I've never seen the Sancho of Dortmund play for England or United.

He must be a good player, but where is he? Maybe Germany just suited him.
Definitely worth a punt for a bargain price but that's not likely, and we could get a similar or better player for way less.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

FTFY

If that's the local rivalry talking then ok. However, for several years until very recently, they have been much better and smarter in the markets and on the pitch than we were. Seems a little harsh on the Dingles. The poor things have lots to worry about now, bless 'em.

On a related note, I really miss having Birmingham in the same division to take points off and have that local rivalry.

2 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

If that's the local rivalry talking then ok. However, for several years until very recently, they have been much better and smarter in the markets and on the pitch than we were. Seems a little harsh on the Dingles. The poor things have lots to worry about now, bless 'em.

On a related note, I really miss having Birmingham in the same division to take points off and have that local rivalry.

I'd say suspiciously corrupt rather than smart.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I agree, its bonkers. 

Brighton will sign two or three absolute unknowns from South America who will turn out to be incredible and roll on. They always do. 

They have had a good couple of years, but finding these gems will stop sooner rather than later .

7 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

I mainly just detest their fans now, the arrogance and entitlement. And the faux rivalry they have created. We don’t give a shit about them but they are so obsessed with us…

Funnily enough, I live in Wolverhampton and am the sole Villa fan in my family 😂 not all of whom are big football fans or all that passionate though…

They’ve been very mediocre for a very long time but the change in attitude has been annoying… very fickle too. Dodgy dealing to get them where they got, adored then stabbed their beloved manager in the back…

They think they are much better than they actually are…

Maybe you missed the recent talk that they believe none of our players, bar maybe Watkins, would get into their side…

High time they were humbled…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Honestly, how does Klopp do it. Just struggling along cutting their cloth. They just can't compete with the big boys.

At the very least, in terms of character, personality, dignity and humility…. Unai utterly outclasses the spoiled and petulant brats such as Pep, Klopp and Arteta…

Chequebook managers, tantrums galore…

I wouldn’t swap him for anyone… he’s going to show everyone just how good he is too…

45 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Hmm, I think it’s a touch too much. Using Grealish as a yardstick, he hasn’t done anywhere near as much nor has as much potential in my opinion. He’s very good though, don’t get me wrong! 

That was 2 years ago. Think of inflation since in then the normal world, and then double it for football.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Would anyone here actually start Caicedo at Villa if our squad was fully available?

Yes

• Like 1

Caicedo is genuinely an excellent player in fairness. I think it's a bit redundant asking if he's "worth" the money because this sport and the money involved at the top level have become preposterous to the point where none of these fees are objectively worth it, but he'll be a transformative signing for them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If you think he would do a job for us I respect your opinion but can't see it happening as a good deal for us

I'd agree.  For the fee that would be required / requested it would be a big gamble for us.  I don't think that we could get to a point at which the gamble made financial sense - at least not this year.