Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

We've lost a huge part of our attacking threat for a decent amount of time with Ramsey, Buendia and Moreno being injured. I hope that we address that by bringing in a couple of loan deals at the top end of the pitch. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think this might be the versatile forward we were looking for ala Brennan Johnson, Ferran Torres etc.. and those are not getable due to inflated price and Dembele leaving respectively. I'd expect our forwards to be completed if we have Watkins, Duran, Zaniolo and Diaby. Archer too at present. 

We need to move for a LM cover for Buendia and I don't see a Dendonker leaving and replacement coming in given Donks injured. Could be deadline stuff

We need to get Davis and Traore sold. 

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

We've lost a huge part of our attacking threat for a decent amount of time with Ramsey, Buendia and Moreno being injured. I hope that we address that by bringing in a couple of loan deals at the top end of the pitch. 

The whole left side of our team basically

8 hours ago, thunderball said:

Links that could still happen:

Zaniolo, Doku, Chiesa, Goncalves, F Torres, Cellabos, Montiel, Fresneda

Links that won’t happen:

Felix, Kessie, Adams

Other than F Torres, there is not many striker links there, and if Archer goes out it increasingly looks like we need one.

It also occurs to me that we were looking and supposedly offered on Doku aswell as Diaby, so that’s a position we were looking to fill, similarly Goncalves, Adam’s and Felix, none of which are yet filled. 

All points to one or two players still being needed and possibly looking for the market to fall into place before we close deals. If Archer goes out that’s possibly one other too? 

I don’t think you can write of joao felix coming to villa. We’ve previously tried to sign him so we know Emery wants him. Athletico has made it clear they want rid and nobody else has made an offer for him. I’d say the longer things continue like this the more likely he’ll see us as his best option.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I don’t think you can write of joao felix coming to villa. We’ve previously tried to sign him so we know Emery wants him. Athletico has made it clear they want rid and nobody else has made an offer for him. I’d say the longer things continue like this the more likely he’ll see us as his best option.

I really don't think that he wants to come to us, we risk missing other targets waiting for him to change his mind. I suspect that each day and every outgoing transfer, brings us nearer to paying close to what Forest want for Johnson, who would move to us in a shot, but if UE still thinks there is a chance with Felix, then so be it. 

48 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

If nobody comes in for him, Mendes will flog him to Saudi's.  He's said he's not coming here, Emery will have moved on.

19 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Wonder if we are looking into reuniting Dybala and Zaniolo at all

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We seem to have a pattern of signing mates or people who know at least one member of the team don't we?

Not Dybala (think he signed a new deal too):

spacer.png

😁

• Like 1

Is Caicedo even THAT good and worth THAT much???

More & more… our midfield is proving to be of exceptional value… we struck some bargain deals… 

Our captain was 2.5m

Our midfield orchestrator 15m

Our classy DM with huge potential £0

Our new Belgian maestro £0

Our own star, local player £0

Wow… after so many years of complaining about it… we’ve finally managed to put together such a strong midfield with very little outlay… all of whom are worth massive amounts now 👏 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

As great and exciting all this transfer news is about forward players, I still feel we are lacking in the fullback department and this will continue to be our weak spot, especially if injuries hit.

However, looking at the squad, I don't forsee many occasions where will be groaning at the team sheet an hour before kickoff. There's not many villa players now who I will resent seeing their name in the starting 11.

This has not always been the case! 

• Like 1

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

As great and exciting all this transfer news is about forward players, I still feel we are lacking in the fullback department and this will continue to be our weak spot, especially if injuries hit.

However, looking at the squad, I don't forsee many occasions where will be groaning at the team sheet an hour before kickoff. There's not many villa players now who I will resent seeing their name in the starting 11.

Olsen says hi 🤣

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

The only one that brings “concerns” is Olsen… other than that, we have plenty of “top performers”…

No passengers or weak/fragile players, all technically proficient and confident/comfortable on the ball…

Thank you Unai

32 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This is why I wished they all **** off and had their little super league. The short sightedness is massively distorting the market. I get the relative value both players have to their respective clubs but the fees are bad for the game in the long run. 

• Like 2