Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Also JWP's work rate, aggression and set piece delivery will be right up Moyes street.  The likes of Soucek, Maguire, and Dawson, with JWP's delivery will be a dangerous combination. They are still light up top though. Ings, Benrahma, and Bowen will not be sufficient. Paqueta is a good player but simply doesn't fit in there.

Alt Nouri is a good shout to nab from Wolves. 

what's this got to do with Villa transfers? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Alt Nouri would be an exciting alternative to Moreno. 

We can breathe a sigh of relief that we aren't signing JWP and Maguire. Just not suited to us! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

He's not worth £30m, especially when Man Utd would love his wages off the books, but Maguire will be a good signing for West Ham. In their system he can focus on the basics and he wont need to play out or pass progressively. With him, Zouma and Dawson they will be dominant in the air, and with JWP on set pieces they will be dangerous. No one was lining up to buy Dawson last year either but he has been decent for them. However, once Moyes is inevitably sacked and a more progressive manage is brought in, he will be stuffed.

?

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Tyler Adams rumors don't seem to want to die down. I'd still rather have Wilfried Gnonto if we had to go shopping in Leeds.

Especially if it meant us not shipping out Douglas Louiz.

1 minute ago, Gompedyret said:

Tyler Adams rumors don't seem to want to die down. I'd still rather have Wilfried Gnonto if we had to go shopping in Leeds.

Especially if it meant us not shipping out Douglas Louiz.

The longer these rumours hang about, the more likely it is they are bollocks.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep… I can’t quite recall how good he was for us now… been a while…

Pretty average. That was back in the days foreign players got no help from the club beyond getting paid. So struggled to adapt. 

When I think of how Savo did, and how young he was. And little support was available to him, I feel like the club let themselves down with him. He was a good player for us, but he could've been great for us. Doug Ellis was such a backwards owner. At a time when football in this country was undergoing such a huge upheaval, and changing at breakneck speed, we had a dinosaur at the helm. Villa were stuck in the 80's until Lerner took over.

It only in the last decade or so English football has caught up to the leading European leagues in terms of infrastructure, youth coaching, and tactical awareness. This why we still have a lack of quality English coaches, that's the last part of the puzzle, as they're the last to come through.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Pretty average. That was back in the days foreign players got no help from the club beyond getting paid. So struggled to adapt. 

When I think of how Savo did, and how young he was. And little support was available to him, I feel like the club let themselves down with him. He was a good player for us, but he could've been great for us. Doug Ellis was such a backwards owner. At a time when football in this country was undergoing such a huge upheaval, and changing at breakneck speed, we had a dinosaur at the helm. Villa were stuck in the 80's until Lerner took over.

It only in the last decade or so English football has caught up to the leading European leagues in terms of infrastructure, youth coaching, and tactical awareness. This why we still have a lack of quality English coaches, that's the last part of the puzzle, as they're the last to come through.

Can’t disagree with that… we failed to support JPA who had a hard time… had we given him the necessary support, he could have been an even better player for us… and have an even greater “legacy”… regret…

Just seen that Gregg Evans mentioned that Bayern Munich expressed a little interest in Ollie, had no clue about this.

He did say Ollie is very happy at Villa and with Unai though etc.

Says it's very unlikely he DOESN'T sign a new contract but anything is possible.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Bent is Arsenal through and through.

You are quite right, he played for Spurs, I think that must have been in my mind when I thought of Kane and his reaction. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen that Gregg Evans mentioned that Bayern Munich expressed a little interest in Ollie, had no clue about this.

He did say Ollie is very happy at Villa and with Unai though etc.

Says it's very unlikely he DOESN'T sign a new contract but anything is possible.

So Ollie hates Emery he won't be signing a new contract and will be a Bayern player before the window closes. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Geez we will need some legit foreign journalist to break were about to sign X exciting player as per the hood old days … 

I know right. 

I need this in my life right now. 'Aston Villa have agreed a fee with [insert club here] for [insert brasilian name here]' 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zero7 said:

His username is “philosopher”. Anything he says is not going to be relevant to anything in the real world. 

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know right. 

I need this in my life right now. 'Aston Villa have agreed a fee with [insert club here] for [insert brasilian name here]' 

Aston Villa have agreed a fee with Stoke City for Wesley? 😉

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1