Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

18 minutes ago, Enda said:

There’s no way West Ham could replicate Declan’s output with one signing.

Instead they have taken the approach of replicating Declan’s output by spreading the transfer fee over three mediocre footballers.

Replacing him in the aggregate as it were

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Monchi after RB Gonzalo Montiel from Sevilla, shouldn't be that expensive.  Martinez will be happy.

He’s a good player but check out the latest headlines.  Probably one we will avoid. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

So West Ham want to spend the Rice money on Álvarez, McTominay and Maguire.

Yeesh. Just remember folks, it could be way, way worse.

I actually think they suit the way moyes plays and will probably do alright there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

I actually think they suit the way moyes plays and will probably do alright there. 

Sounds like the director of football and Moyes are massively out of sync. They may suit Moyes but not whoever they bring in next. Moyes probably wont see out the season. Id take Bowen and Paqueta (who we dont need) from them if they get into proper trouble. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

So if the rumour mill is to be believed it JPB off to Liverpool and Ollie Watkins off to Manchester United. 

I would be most upset with this 

Depends on price 

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s a good player but check out the lad test headlines.  Probably one we will avoid. 

I have just read up on this, all seems very vague as to what happened, not even sure if the matter is being taken any further.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I have just read up on this, all seems very vague as to what happened, not even sure if the matter is being taken any further.

You’re right it’s from quite a while back and nothing since.  One thing I will say is this guy has to be on penalties !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’re right it’s from quite a while back and nothing since.  One thing I will say is this guy has to be on penalties !

I would put Doris the tea lady on penalties ahead of the current taker. But seriously, yes, he knows how to slot one.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

The Watkins rumour amounts to some arsehole on TalkShite saying that Utd are after a well-known striker and some other arsehole who couldn't even score against Bradford looking shocked when he read a piece of paper telling him to look shocked.

Gutter speculation.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

The Watkins rumour amounts to some arsehole on TalkShite saying that Utd are after a well-known striker and some other arsehole who couldn't even score against Bradford looking shocked when he read a piece of paper telling him to look shocked.

Gutter speculation.

The more I read about it, the more I am inclined to side on the version of a hairy cock and balls with a spurt of jiz being on the piece of paper

• Haha 1

It seems that the alleged Montiel incident has gone quiet now. Who knows what the situation is. But that aside he’s a a decent player and would complete our defence, two outstanding players in each position across the back four. And another World Cup winner joining Villa will be good.  

On Watkins, there’s no way in hell that he’s going anywhere at this point in time. He’s about to enter his first full season under Emery as the first choice striker. He has the best conditions to improve here and I’m sure he knows it. He’ll sign a new contract and have a great season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

So if the rumour mill is to be believed it JPB off to Liverpool and Ollie Watkins off to Manchester United. 

I would be most upset with this 

And we're signing 100 more players

• Thanks 1