Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

People saying we need a squad for extra games and wanting to move him on is reverse logic

Not really since anyone who says so want's him to be replaced with another midfielder. Be it Adams, Amrabat or someone else. Not really seen people saying get rid and don't replace.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Don't see the facsination with getting rid of the The Donck™ by some on here it's almost an obssesion, he's perfect back up for Kamara why fix something that isn't broken.

Because he’s average.  But I guess if the alternative is nobody he will probably stay. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
Changed the word shit to average as touched a few nerves
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because he’s shit.  But I guess if the alternative is nobody he will probably stay. 

Why? Because of the one mistake he made against Stevenage? He's been fine besides that ffs, there's no need to be so hyperbolic - he's not 'shit'. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Just to be clear, you're stating in public that you'd start recently relegated, struggling to get a move from Championship James Ward Prowse over our current SPoS and PPoS, recent Arsenal and Spurs target and Brazilian international Douglas Luiz?

Absolutely insane take, isn't it?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Not really since anyone who says so want's him to be replaced with another midfielder. Be it Adams, Amrabat or someone else. Not really seen people saying get rid and don't replace.

This. My only reservations with Dendoncker are that we have to play a bit different when he's in the team as he's not as comfortable in tight spaces and can't dribble his way out of trouble like Kamara and Luiz. So if we could replace him with someone more like those then that might be better. I'm also fine with him staying though if we can't replace.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 2

we need to recycle our financial assets at some point. 

As good as Donk is as backup, he’s not going to get better. let’s flip him for someone with potential. 

keeps FFP demons at bay and gives us a chance to improve the squad long term. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

People saying we need a squad for extra games and wanting to move him on is reverse logic

We do need a squad for the extra games.

We do need to move Dendonker on.

... and replace him with better quality.

The squad still retains depth, just with better quality.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villan95 said:

This. My only reservations with Dendoncker are that we have to play a bit different when he's in the team as he's not as comfortable in tight spaces and can't dribble his way out of trouble like Kamara and Luiz. So if we could replace him with someone more like those then that might be better. I'm also fine with him staying though if we can't replace.

My guess it that Emery wants someone who's a bit more mobile and press resistant. Also agree that it's not a priority to replace the Donk thou. He's OK.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Why? Because of the one mistake he made against Stevenage? He's been fine besides that ffs, there's no need to be so hyperbolic - he's not 'shit'. 

Don’t rate him. Slow, awkward, limited, cumbersome.  Not a fan mate. 

Anyway let’s stay on topic.  I reckon we’ll replace him if we can.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ward-Prowse linked finished in summer 2021 once he couldn't be signed.

He'll go to West Ham or perhaps Fulham.

No space and no need for him with our current squad.

True he has had his chance to be come one of the chosen few. 

Its uncomfortable to remember that not so long ago choosing Southampton, Watford (Cleverly) or West Brom (Johnston) above Villa was considered a sensible career move.

I hope we never go back to that dark place.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7eeamwo5ifpog2evmtm

1. whats an outside back?, clearly know nothing about football (fyi - i know what one is......)

2. one of the best young fullbacks in the world?, playing in Liga 2?, a slight overstatement maybe.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We do need a squad for the extra games.

We do need to move Dendonker on.

... and replace him with better quality.

The squad still retains depth, just with better quality.

Mistake at Stevenage aside what has he actually done wrong? He's played well and carried out his job well.

I remember Kamara making a similar mistake and costing us a game, yet nobody is calling him shit. 

• Like 2