Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Hard to know.  

Everyone is reporting Diaby as £42m + £10m add-ons = £52m.

With one exception that is Ornstein who is reporting it as £35m + £7m add-ons.  

Who to believe?

Ornstein, it fits my narrative and he's actually very reliable for English clubs transfer fees. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Regarding transfer activity, I take it as…

We’re only going to go for top quality if and when it’s available (at a reasonable cost)… but would be happy to go into the season as is, if it isn’t… 

Happy with the base of the squad and unity…

Let’s go!

Quality not quantity 

-

Unai has been talking in a press conference today, would be nice to get some footage…

Also it's like yeah we aren't going to be chasing after players for ridiculous fees. Like we are happy to move on or not sign anyone, so give us doku at 20 million please. 

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Hard to know.  

Everyone is reporting Diaby as £42m + £10m add-ons = £52m.

With one exception that is Ornstein who is reporting it as £35m + £7m add-ons.  

Who to believe?

No matter which way was reported, I would believe Ornstein. Most reliable guy in transfer news atm. Villa also didn't report it as the new record transfer fee fwiw

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Vhalovic next please :D 

would be great

40 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No chance. We’ll see at least one more high level player come in who can play across the front line. 

I think that we will wait and see on João Félix towards the end of the window, it feels like that will be what goes for him

8 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Tielemans is not a forward, he sits deep in the midfield, most advanced he has played is an 8

He's played as a 10 before. Not quite a traditional 10 but in a role where he had minimal defensive responsibilities and being the primary creator was his real role. 

40 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I think we'll sign a young-ish RB and maybe Ferran Torres

O God, for the love of all that's holy, avoid Ferran Torres like the plague. Dude keeps getting sold for bajillions and he always ends up in the bench wherever he goes (City, Spain, Barcelona).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I think we'll sign a young-ish RB and maybe Ferran Torres

100% we need a right back, I don't care about the 'but what about Konsa' brigade.
Back up keeper.....
It would be nice if they could get in another high quality forward.

I am keen for them to offload half a dozen players from the wage bill to bring some balance to the finances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

In a perfect world yes. But maybe he is impressed wirh Cam Aaron and Jaden and wants to give them a shot. Currently we can cover the following postions with what we have 

Striker     Ollie Cam Duran Diaby 

Left Wing   JJ  Diaby Bailey AJ  Jaden Coutinho

Right wing  Diaby Bailey McGinn Jaden AJ 

No 10  Buendia Tielemans Coutho  McGinn Jaden AJ 

I agree i would like another high quality player up front. BUT we are stronger there than i realised, albeit with lots of players with potential. 

Jaden and AJ aren’t get anywhere near the first team come the start of the season.

• Like 1

A Top 7 side has upgraded each of its 3 lines in the transfer window, with 3 signings. It did not upgrade at keeper because it has the best keeper in the world per FIFA. 

Folks, that’s Aston Villa in 2023. We live in extraordinary times. 

ON THE PISS M’LORD

• Like 4

I don't think Emery's words change much, we will still add a few more, just need to sell a few first, likes of Wesley, Davis, Traore, Sanson, and potentially others will leave, then we will have room to add some more if needed.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Heaven forbid we sign someone who can only make the bench for the Champions of Spain, the Champions of England and the Spanish national team. 

First. World. Problems.

Somebody said they didn’t wanted Felix, because he only scored 1 goal per 4 matches. Last season Torres managed 1 goal per 8 matches.

But Torres is somebody we have the finances to sign unlike Felix.

1 hour ago, viivvaa66 said:

Somebody said they didn’t wanted Felix, because he only scored 1 goal per 4 matches. Last season Torres managed 1 goal per 8 matches.

But Torres is somebody we have the finances to sign unlike Felix.

Says "viivvaa66", or the board?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 479Villan said:

A Top 7 side has upgraded each of its 3 lines in the transfer window, with 3 signings. It did not upgrade at keeper because it has the best keeper in the world per FIFA. 

Folks, that’s Aston Villa in 2023. We live in extraordinary times. 

ON THE PISS M’LORD

Please god no, we need a new number 2. Not upgrading admittedly, but I will be so pissed off if we keep Olsen for the LC and ECL

38 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Says "viivvaa66", or the board?

I think is more the facts than anything else:

Torres: Is on £100,000 per week, Barcelona payed about £50mill for him, reported willing to sell for around £35mill

Felix: Is on £250,000 per week, Atlético Madrid payed about £110 mill for him, reported it would cost £20mill to loan him for a season, to buy about £70mill

Looking at those number, it means we should be able to afford Torres if we really want him. Felix is more likely to sign for us than Mbappé, but that is the only positive I can think of when it comes to signing Felix. Yes, things can change, Felix could agree to half his salary and Atletico Madrid could half their asking price, but not very likely. If that happened, I would expect more clubs to be interested, meaning we would lose out anyway.