Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

What has happened to the links to players like Guendouzi who can play a more defensive midfield role? I thought that was an area we intended to strengthen.

I imagine we'll see them again if Dendoncker goes. The recent links to Adams likely means we still have eyes on a few, just getting the more urgent stuff done first.

• Like 1

I think we will get a DM as if/when Dendonker goes we only have Kamara. Martín Zubimendi Would be the dream but probs a season too soon. Lucas Gourna-Douath at RB Salzburg is an exciting young prospect. Outside shout Aleix García at Girona whose finally got his career on track. 

• Like 1

Vlahovic does fit the Emery mould of a player that was exceptional but has had a tough season for whatever reason. I don’t watch any serie A to be honest, but I know he was amazing before Juve and he hasn’t done as well there? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Gazzetta are generally bullshit merchants, are they not? 

True but 1.9m followers.  Plus Emery said he wanted a striker and winger earlier in the year so we have one so guessing Diaby is classed more of a winger although I say that very loosely but he’s not a striker so I assume we are after a striker now.  

I don't remember Emery saying we want a winger and a striker, and if he did, that was back in January, we've since signed Duran and Archer has had a succesful loan at Middlesbrough so he might be given a chance over a new signing.

Besides us signing Diaby as a player that can play through the middle or out wide, doesn't preclude us from signing another striker, so not sure what Emery saying that we want a striker and a winger back in january, if he indeed did say that, has to do with anything.

January was also before Watkins' sensational return to form.

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

I don't remember Emery saying we want a winger and a striker, and if he did, that was back in January, we've since signed Duran and Archer has had a succesful loan at Middlesbrough so he might be given a chance over a new signing.

Besides us signing Diaby as a player that can play through the middle or out wide, doesn't preclude us from signing another striker, so not sure what Emery saying that we want a striker and a winger back in january, if he indeed did say that, has to do with anything.

January was also before Watkins' sensational return to form.

It was after we brought Duran and Emery said we need more than just Watkins and needed another experienced striker so that doesn’t mean Archer.

40 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Another Thiago Almeda link, but I think it’s just a regurgitation of the other rumours:

I'll take him and doku for a combined 50 million euros please. That will leave us with about 40-50 million for a rb and backup keeper. 

• Like 2

I reckon another winger/wide forward, someone who can compete in either full back role and a back up keeper.

Another £40-50m outlay is my guess. Most of that on the winger.

And a handful of departures, but not as many as people are expecting/hoping for. I would not be at all surprised if Dendoncker and Chambers are kept around, for instance.

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I think we will get a DM as if/when Dendonker goes we only have Kamara. Martín Zubimendi Would be the dream but probs a season too soon. Lucas Gourna-Douath at RB Salzburg is an exciting young prospect. Outside shout Aleix García at Girona whose finally got his career on track. 

Zubimendi I mentioned months ago wonderful player .

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I love Archer and want him to do well but I think Vlahovic is on the next level above

Selling Archer for between £25-£30mill is pure profit and means Vlahovic would be more realistic/attainable should he be interested.  

Got to say I’m really happy with the business we have done thus far and the players we are looking at.

diaby and doku for me are more exciting than barnes and Williams! If we can get a couple of players to leave and bring a couple more in then we are all set for a great season

• Like 2

22 hours ago, duke313 said:

Maybe that's the long-term aim of PIF.  It would allow them to sign who they want for Newcastle with no restrictions. 

Dunno if the two tentacles of the same monster are working together. If they were, wouldn't Newcastle have sold Ryan Fraser, Karl Darlow to some state owned Saudi club for disgustingly inflated prices? Wouldn't we be sorting out loan moves for Benzema, Neves etc.?

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It was after we brought Duran and Emery said we need more than just Watkins and needed another experienced striker so that doesn’t mean Archer.

I think it is worth noting that in regards to purchasing a striker there is almost no value to be had. Someone like vlahovic who basically has no positive qualities aside from his theoretical goal scoring and size is worth 50 million. Especially given we have Archer and Duran coming through who are players we think could be 50 million themselves in a couple years. It makes a lot more sense to go for young wingers who are cheap enough that purchasing them isn't ruinous financially, they can contribute and their vakue can grow.