Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not sure I agree re Felix

I also only think a few people thought he was a d***head…a significant amount thought he be great under Emery.

No need to then settle for F.Torres, I thought we’d got past the days of these kind of players.  I’m sure Monchi and Emery have and will be looking elsewhere.

What's wrong with Ferran Torres?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Nothing, he’s a top player and would improve us a lot. If we can have a first choice front 3 of

Torres -Watkins - Diaby

Then I think we can compete with anyone in the league. 

• Like 2

Just now, duke313 said:

Going over old ground which I’ve gone through previously but in short I’m not impressed with him after watching a lot of him and I’ve had the various debates with the pro F.Torres people so you can read the details in this thread and his thread rather than me rehashing them because I get told off by other posters for repeating the same points on various topics.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not sure I agree re Felix

I also only think a few people thought he was a d***head…a significant amount thought he be great under Emery.

No need to then settle for F.Torres, I thought we’d got past the days of these kind of players.  I’m sure Monchi and Emery have and will be looking elsewhere.

What “kind of player” do you perceive Ferran to be?

Will have to repeat the same old and obvious point but, if Unai (aided by Monchi) identify a player they rate/want/like then I’m quite sure that they will do well here and could approach or reach their full potential…

I’m not sure that it would be “settling”… I can think of other players/links/rumours that would be more fitting of that description…

Again, never before have we been as likely to get such players or be linked to them.

Which players would you prefer to Ferran? Other than Felix 😆

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Going over old ground which I’ve gone through previously but in short I’m not impressed with him after watching a lot of him and I’ve had the various debates with the pro F.Torres people so you can read the details in this thread and his thread rather than me rehashing them because I get told off by other posters for repeating the same points on various topics.

Fair enough.  I think he'd be a significant upgrade on Baily.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can’t agree.

By definition it isn’t just bad but just Religious BS, like seven deadly sins as you mention.  In those sins, it also has Lust which is deemed bad but you would acknowledge that not all Lust is bad.

The second paragraph is just bizarre.

Guess we’ll just have to disagree on this.

I’m not sure you understand what the word greed (and lust) mean.

So on that basis, I agree we should move on.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

Nothing, he’s a top player and would improve us a lot. If we can have a first choice front 3 of

Torres -Watkins - Diaby

Very exciting and “built for the future”…

Plenty of alternatives out there too…

I really like the idea of young, talented players improving and developing with us for the long term. Being huge parts of our success, rather than older players or those that are clearly past their best…

Longevity and potential over any “short term fix”… could arguably throw Coutinho and Digne into that category, I’m glad we seem to have abandoned that approach… even happier that we’ve seen the back of that Scouse clown…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

What “kind of player” do you perceive Ferran to be?

Will have to repeat the same old and obvious point but, if Unai (aided by Monchi) identify a player they rate/want/like then I’m quite sure that they will do well here and could approach or reach their full potential…

I’m not sure that it would be “settling”… I can think of other players/links/rumours that would be more fitting of that description…

Again, never before have we been as likely to get such players or be linked to them.

Which players would you prefer to Ferran? Other than Felix 😆

Forget F.Torres, we’ve all watched him, we know the type of player he is.

As for the player(s) I’d want, I don’t know…I don’t know all the players around and openly said in the Diaby thread I didn’t know much about him so couldn’t comment.  If we are linked with a player where I have watched a lot of him then I provide my comments but I don’t if I’ve only watched a bit of them or watched YouTube clips only.

I am on the train that if Emery wants them I’m 100% in, hence why I’m not convinced we are in for F.Torres because I just don’t see Emery interested, I think it’s just a lazy link.

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

Torres -Watkins - Diaby

Yeah I agree.

Just now, nick76 said:

Forget F.Torres, we’ve all watched him, we know the type of player he is.

As for the player(s) I’d want, I don’t know…I don’t know all the players around and openly said in the Diaby thread I didn’t know much about him so couldn’t comment.  If we are linked with a player where I have watched a lot of him then I provide my comments but I don’t if I’ve only watched a bit of them or watched YouTube clips only.

I am on the train that if Emery wants them I’m 100% in, hence why I’m not convinced we are in for F.Torres because I just don’t see Emery interested, I think it’s just a lazy link.

Ok mate, that’s fine. I respect your opinion. I don’t have a wide knowledge of players these days either.

For what it’s worth, I’m not overly excited about the Ferran link and unsure of how he would do but clearly a talent with potential (he wouldn’t have got the moves he has if he wasn’t). Would back Unai to bring the best out of him if he signed though… cos we’d know it’s a player that he wanted and rated… been linked many times and it kind of makes sense, seen/read that it’s a deal that Monchi is attempting to sort…

I’m sure that whoever we sign, we’ll embrace it and at least give them a chance because of our faith and trust in Unai.

Even if it’s Ferran or even Felix!

Mate, I think it was only me and about 3 others who were either rating or defending the lad, everyone else was shitting on him and calling him names 🤣 Seen a lot more of it on the likes of Twitter too including pure eloquence such as “that f***ing tw*t!” 🤣

• Like 1

It’s strange really… how a lot of “fan opinion” and views have changed all of a sudden… has Unai brought about this change?

Not so long ago, people were getting excited over links to players like Tammy, Sarr, JWP… Coutinho and Digne!! Stretching a bit further back and some people wanted Benteke, Albrighton and Milner back! 🤣

And now, some people are dismissive of or displeased with links to players like Ferran, Chiesa and Felix 🤣

I just find it a bit weird or amusing…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Awol said:

Torres -Watkins - Diaby

If it goes well

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Ferran Torres incoming… and maybe one or two with him from Barca…

Felix loan to Barca “approved” by Atletico and apparently finalised within a week..

They have to shift players if they want him and want to register their other signings and recontracted players… 

Better get a move on Barca!

I believe it… just makes sense 😆

spacer.png

Nah nothing atm mate but we’ll see

15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

To our Portuguese club? (the one we aren't allowed to own according to Uefa)

I think we've been banned from transferring players between us and Vitoria until 2024, but I'm unsure if that applies to loan deals.