Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

46 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Worth noting its everything they’ve seen in the Bundesliga … what we have got with Bailey so far and from the hype that had surrounded Sancho anyone coming from there scares me to bits, so (A) i dont want to be overpaying and (B) i want us to ensure we buy another for insurance in case it is going badly and we need a quick fix.

I get the point about the iffy record of Bundesliga players but ultimately villa need a wide forward and for the quality required there just aren’t that many options available in world football, and there all going to have risks of some description. Maybe Diaby is genuinely the best option identified with the lowest risk  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

That's my point.  Anywhere.

We have reawrved 50m to spend on those backup positions? Make it 40m and chuck the extra 10 at Diaby if that's what is needed.

If we sell Digne we'll get a fair amount of money for him and free up loads of FFP wiggle room anyway with his £500m salary off the books 🤪

When did he take a pay decrease, nothing on the official site, fair play to him, but I do worry if he will be able to live £500 million😁

2 hours ago, david-avfc said:

I get the point about the iffy record of Bundesliga players but ultimately villa need a wide forward and for the quality required there just aren’t that many options available in world football, and there all going to have risks of some description. Maybe Diaby is genuinely the best option identified with the lowest risk  

I would guarantee there's 50 or more that would be great if we're talking about world football. The fact that none of us can identify more than a half dozen very obvious and expensive ones is why we're on VT and not working for a football club.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Exactly, transfers about the risk/reward ratio. It’s like betting. You only want to make bets you think have a chance of paying off! For the money you risk.

big money for only low risk, small money high risk but big pay off 

Don’t see how Barca could afford him, if there was even any interest, in their current state…

Maybe a few sales would enable it, such as Ferran to us, but I can’t really see it…

At this rate… Felix will be staying put and continuing to train with the kids… not an ideal situation for anyone…

Just a comment from the player so nothing to indicate Barca are even interested but… maybe Ferran is the player we will actually get and are actually targetting… 🤷‍♂️

Kessie too? Doubt it…

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I think he might be the thickest footballer of the last 5 years. And that is some achievement. 

They can barely afford to register their own players. In what world can they afford Felix either on loan or permanent? 

Such a mad statement but context is key. Not sure what it is in this case. I’d still love us to sign him. 

• Like 1