Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, one_ian_taylor said:

And, in fairness, Bruce.  Steadied us that first season when we could have gone into  freefall, made us competitive

With the most expensive squad in Championship history at the time I believe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Felix is the better player I just have a bad feeling about him.  My opinion on Celso has no baring on my thoughts on Felix. I don’t think we’ll sign either of them. 

I mean who’s this punk think he is squaring up to the great one. 

spacer.png

Not sure if I’m missing humour/sarcasm here but are you suggesting that he has no right to square up to another player because he’s not as good as them?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Not sure if I’m missing humour/sarcasm here but are you suggesting that he has no right to square up to another player because he’s not as good as them?

I was joking mate. He’s still a punk though. 

Ateltico’s success over the years has been down to hard work and team spirit/unity. There are suggestions he wasn’t fitting in to that for whatever reason.  As I said he obviously has a lot of talent. I just think Villa’s team spirit seems great at the moment so they have to be very careful nobody affects that. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

The fact that I have never before seen a press statement reassuring people that someone will be bid on and sold probably tells me all I need to know about this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

The fact that I have never before seen a press statement reassuring people that someone will be bid on and sold probably tells me all I need to know about this one.

These mckennie links are tiresome. I think we would have signed him instead of Leeds had we been interested. It's BS and I would be genuinely surprised if he came here. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

These mckennie links are tiresome. I think we would have stormed him instead of Leeds had we been interested. It's BS and I would be genuinely surprised if he came here. 

I think we may have been interested a while back, but his stock dropped a bit after last season. I don't think he's good enough. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good. Trust me Joao Felix is a bad egg. Perfect for Man U.

It is the Sun though. 

How is he a bad egg? Is it similar to how people think Bailey is a bad egg?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A loan I wouldn't be against.

He signs on loan, Emery works his magic and he turns out to be a good addition to the squad then we should then consider buying him (might be slightly cheaper by then too?)

I think that would be the sensible approach.

We aren't signing Felix and certainly not on loan. Have you not seen how the club operates? We bring players in on a free or we pay less than their actual value.

We certainly dont loan players for £1million a game and we wouldn't be able to get him even if we wanted him as we aren't a CL club. Not yet at least.

Nothing to see here.

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

A huge change at the top of Villa (Purslow out, Monchi & Heck in) - wouldn't surprise me one bit. There'll be a change to the way we do things, leaks will come from elsewhere if there are any, the dynamic shifts, the seasons change and the lion gets ready to roar... (that got a bit silly there, my bad!)

Prince Gifs | Prince gifs, Prince music, The artist prince

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

We aren’t signing him. It’s actually hilarious how every window this happens. Desperate Juve. Let them sweat. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Thoughts?

Been mentioned on here before and seems he's lost his link be it Purslow or someone else. Purslow seems strange as rumour was he was reason transfers went under the radar mostly

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Been mentioned on here before and seems he's lost his link be it Purslow or someone else. Purslow seems strange as rumour was he was reason transfers went under the radar mostly

Percy did have some connection but he also did get things wrong. He totally missed the Bailey transfer for example. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We aren't signing Felix and certainly not on loan. Have you not seen how the club operates? We bring players in on a free or we pay less than their actual value.

We certainly dont loan players for £1million a game and we wouldn't be able to get him even if we wanted him as we aren't a CL club. Not yet at least.

Nothing to see here.

Easy tiger. I've explained my thoughts about the player already, I don't rate him.

I also agree and have stated previously that he wouldn't sign for us as we're not in the champions league either.

The only reason a deal for this guy might have ever worked would have been to loan him first, I certainly didn't want us to just sign him (if there was any ounce of that ever being able to happen anyway).

Hope that makes sense.

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How is he a bad egg? Is it similar to how people think Bailey is a bad egg?

Who thinks Bailey is a bad egg? 

I can only go off speculation so he may actually be a top bloke. But something don’t feel right about him to me.

Anyway I can see he has a lot of fans so I’ll stop right there before this thread gets filled up with bickering about Felix.

Felix for Villa! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Easy tiger. I've explained my thoughts about the player already, I don't rate him.

I also agree and have stated previously that he wouldn't sign for us as we're not in the champions league either.

The only reason a deal for this guy might have ever worked would have been to loan him first, I certainly didn't want us to just sign him (if there was any ounce of that ever being able to happen anyway).

Hope that makes sense.

Yes totally. I was just explaining why there's no way that particular player fits in with our strategy. Chelsea paid a ridiculous loan fee for him and that's so far out of our domain it just wouldn't happen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can only go off speculation so he may actually be a top bloke. But something don’t feel right about him to me.

Anyway I can see he has a lot of fans so I’ll stop right there before this thread gets filled up with bickering about Felix.

Felix for Villa! 

Bizarrely a lot of people have Bailey down as a bad egg. His attitude and ego is always questioned

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Felix for Villa! 

Bailey isn't a bad egg at all tbh.

He's just not very good.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Bizarrely a lot of people have Bailey down as a bad egg. His attitude and ego is always questioned

I think you have to go by how managers treats the  players. For all his faults Simeone is a top manager and has had a lot of success. He has fallen out with Felix. You have to question why. 

Anyway he on crazy money and wants CL football. 

Bailey seems like a good guy to me. Probably his own worst enemy if anything.