Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

18 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Rigo start the thread. 

Mate, Rigo left the forum for about 2 years after this whole fiasco.

I'm pretty sure he was hoping people forgot about all that, yet here you are like a stubborn hemorrhoid 😂 

• Haha 1

i do wish sometimes we could go back in time, with knowledge of the future and just say to Villa, sign these fellas asap......

Caicedo - 5m, Mitoma - 3m , Eze - 18m, Raphinha - 18m, Olise - 9m, Livramento - 5m, Estupinan - 18m, Palhinha - 20m, Lavia - 12m.

If only 😆

(obviously, we can keep all our good signings also.....thanks)

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

It is like us turning down Kimmich and Musiala on a free because they are from the Bundesliga.

Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but Musiala is actually a product from Chelsea's academy 🤪. Love Kimmich.

I actually share a bit of Philosopher's concerns about the Bundesliga, mainly from importing Bundesliga "star forwards" (Havertz wasn´t up to par, Weghorst sucked, Werner sucked, Immobile sucked, Schurrle sucked, Mario Gomez was terrible, etc.). Obviously Haaland is the best striker in the world, Sané was good, etc. so not automatic at all, but still a concern. Bundesliga style differs greatly and is basically a farmer's league for Bayern. I wouldn't touch Fullkrug with a 10-foot pole.

Edited by Daulmakan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

They can do it in the illustrious destinations of Düsseldorf and Gelsenkirchen , but could they do it on a cold, windy night in Stoke on Trent?

Nobody can do it on a cold Tuesday in Stoke. That is why I'm forever grateful they are not in the Premier league!!!!!

If we are looking at right-backs we should definitely be following Lutsharel Geertruida who can fill in at centre half or holding mid if you really need.

I don't think we are in general, but we shall see.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i do wish sometimes we could go back in time, with knowledge of the future and just say to Villa, sign these fellas asap......

Caicedo - 5m, Mitoma - 3m , Eze - 18m, Raphinha - 18m, Olise - 9m, Livramento - 5m, Estupinan - 18m, Palhinha - 20m, Lavia - 12m.

If only 😆

(obviously, we can keep all our good signings also.....thanks)

Yeah but instead we signed Kamara Luiz McGinn and Tielemans for 18 mill and developed Grealish and JJ. If we sold the rest of them tomorrow you wouldnt get any change from 150 mill and thats maybe  even conservative. 

I know what you mean as alot of our signings have been maybe questionable,  but hindsight is something that is experienced alot in the Prem as far fewer transfers work than don't work.

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Anyone from the Bundesliga gives me bad vibes. I don't think Diaby would be much different to Bailey. 

funny enough Bundesliga teams say similar when players like Mane who tore up the Premier League was a huge flop

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Damn Ice Cube GIF - Damn Ice Cube Craig Jones - Discover & Share GIFs

In fairness, i knew what @Delphinho123 comment would be as soon as i posted that.

Fair play though, I know him and @Kiwivillan have genuinely tried there hardest not to reiterate how " shit " he is to spare my feelings in his thread and supporting team Jamaica at Gold Cup lmao.

Ahem, I stopped bashing Bailey ages ago and thought he was good end of season

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, andyjsg said:

Havertz not up to par? I mean dude scored the winner in champions league final didn’t he?

Yep, and that goal alone and nothing else is what has kept him from being hailed as a terrible flop like Werner was (0,21 vs. 0,18 goals per game). While certainly nice to have the winning goal in the UCL finals, I expect more from my 70 million investment. .

1 minute ago, Daulmakan said:

Yep, and that goal alone and nothing else is what has kept him from being hailed as a terrible flop like Werner was (0,21 vs. 0,18 goals per game). While certainly nice to have the winning goal in the UCL finals, I expect more from my 70 million investment. .

Well they just got 55 million for him so I would say his cost/success ratio was better than most.