Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is there a possibility that Diaby on the right,  Bailey on the left ( Especially while JJ is out ) and/or interchanging behind striker could work?

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No, because Bailey is sh*t.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You could be describing any league and country in the world. 

Every transfer has some element of risk. Just because Bailey hasn't smashed it doesn't mean there aren't good wingers in the Bundesliga, or that they wouldn't suit us. 

Sorry but I think people are getting the wrong idea. I like Diaby. I would be happy if we signed him. Just remarking on signings from Germany in general. I also think the standard of defending in Germany isn't great.

On Diaby though, I do think his touch is a little erratic, which mean he doesn't look entirely in control when dribbling at pace.  Very similar player to Bailey, only he looks a bit stronger, and seems to like playing through balls quite a bit.

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

'recreate this deadly duo'. 

Firstly, Bailey has never been deadly. Secondly, he'll come in and likely replace Bailey in the starting line up. Thirdly, that faithful guy is a complete tit. 

He speaks highly of you 🫣

14 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Anyone from the Bundesliga gives me bad vibes. I don't think Diaby would be much different to Bailey. 

Why?

This is such an unbelievably narrow-minded take. 

Please tell me that there is more to this than Bailey not living up to his hype. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Anyone from the Bundesliga gives me bad vibes. I don't think Diaby would be much different to Bailey. 

Yeah I agree. That Haaland lad is shit. Glad we stayed well clear of that donkey. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yeah I agree. That Haaland lad is shit. Glad we stayed well clear of that donkey. 

To be fair he probably would have looked like a donkey if we’d signed him to play for Steven Gerrard

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Gundogan, Dzeko, Son, Firminho, Berbatov, Podolski, Xhaka, Havertz, Mertesacker, Hargreaves... all from the Bundesliga, all excelled and won things in the PL, all shit apparently. 

It's a football league. There will be duds whichever league they come from, including the litany of duds from PL to PL that occur every single season.

The German league has just produced three of the top 22 and under players in world football in Musiala, Haaland and Bellingham for gods sake but here we are saying it gives us the heebee jeebees because we had one partial dud who cost £25m.....................................

We have a world class manager along with a questionably racist bald bloke in charge, back them and their choices (except the shady racism). 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

Think Diaby looks a player & an upgrade on Bailey, their youtubes videos from the Bundesliga look similar but for Diaby gets his head up where Bailey at times goes down blind Alley's & just runs into trouble, Diaby's decision making is much better, he seems to know what to do in keys situations, & looks quicker than Bailey & I feel we need more pace in the team specially going forward, still think Emery will get more out of Bailey next season & hopefully he can stay fit. 

55 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

giphy.gif

Damn Ice Cube GIF - Damn Ice Cube Craig Jones - Discover & Share GIFs

In fairness, i knew what @Delphinho123 comment would be as soon as i posted that.

Fair play though, I know him and @Kiwivillan have genuinely tried there hardest not to reiterate how " shit " he is to spare my feelings in his thread and supporting team Jamaica at Gold Cup lmao.

• Like 3

Interestingly Diaby would have been coming through at PSG when Unai was there although he wasn't in the first team yet. 

The apprehension about signing players from the Bundesliga is understandable after Bailey but Diaby does look a slightly different sort of player to me, much more nippy and agile and has 10 caps for France already so must have something about him.

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Not really, the league has some world class players in it. Would you be happy if you paid 85 million for sancho or 70 million for havertz? Bailey was only 30 but can’t get near his form there. There’s also werner who cost around 60 and struggled. Haller too didn’t last long here. It’s a valid concern 

Conversely, you'd be delighted if you picked up Son for £25m or Firminho for £36m. As I've said, every league works this way, it is the way with transfers, I don't understand why the Bundesliga is being singled out as some voodoo league for players.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Conversely, you'd be delighted if you picked up Son for £25m or Firminho for £36m. As I've said, every league works this way, it is the way with transfers, I don't understand why the Bundesliga is being singled out as some voodoo league for players.

Yeah it’s weird to “pick on leagues”. Quality players can be found all over the world, you just need excellent scouting and research.

Successful teams have signed players from other or “less renowned” or obscure leagues and won titles with them, many going on to become stars or even legends of the PL…

• Like 3