Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Edit: Good reply from me, but time to change the subject now, if that person wants to be negative let them, we only heard a snapshot of their conversation so probably not even fair to label them as negative.

Edited by useless

Newcastle are reportedly in a stalemate in their pursuit of Livramento, with their £21m bid rejected and Southampton wanting around £30m+. Still reckon that he'd be a sensational signing even with the injury. Reckon Newcastle will eventually get him though, sadly.

6 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Newcastle are reportedly in a stalemate in their pursuit of Livramento, with their £21m bid rejected and Southampton wanting around £30m+. Still reckon that he'd be a sensational signing even with the injury. Reckon Newcastle will eventually get him though, sadly.

I made the suggestion when they apparently wanted 15m.

I made a follow up post a few days ago when the price was up to 35-40m

NO! Crazy price.

Was he a good right back? Yes

Does he have lots of potential to get better? Yes.

however the team selling him have just got relegated and he has been injured for the last year. There is a risk/reward ratio with transfers and the price they want is large risk/little reward.

I could go elsewhere and get a much better ratio than that.

Yeah lets stop whinging about no transfers, way too much time left plus we wrapped up some top of the range deals already, but i’d like everyones thoughts on the following; ideally we need to sign two attacking forward players, now assuming Ramsey would start on the left of Watkins would we sign someone who is superior and start that player or instead sign someone of lets say a Gnonto type who would be accepting to the idea he is number two to Ramsey.

Now the other side would be bailey being replaced, not forgetting Duran is currently back up to the main central role to Watkins, ideally need a hybrid player out the two. 

Thoughts?

Edited by RicRic

Tyler Adams is one of a few options we're exploring but isn't a priority at the moment and as other clubs are interested it's likely he will end up at one of those before his position become a priority for us which will only happen if Dendoncker leaves and as I say we have other options which we might prefer to Adams anyway, so I think the chances of that one happening aren't that high,

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I made the suggestion when they apparently wanted 15m.

I made a follow up post a few days ago when the price was up to 35-40m

NO! Crazy price.

Was he a good right back? Yes

Does he have lots of potential to get better? Yes.

however the team selling him have just got relegated and he has been injured for the last year. There is a risk/reward ratio with transfers and the price they want is large risk/little reward.

I could go elsewhere and get a much better ratio than that.

Can't be blamed for your team getting relegated if you've been injured all season tbf

Tapping Head GIFs | Tenor

I agree that 35/40m is too expensive, although for 25, even pushing 30m I'd take the risk, imo.

A rough idea on how we would set up

We’re all for Ramsey and Watkins as main starters or on the team sheet for most games, im not sure ramsey has shown in the consistency required to crack that top 5 door as of yet but he does keep improving, i would probably try sign Goncalves for ramsey position and then rotate on a regular basis. I think emery plays mings and Pau instead of Konsa and not sure if he will play konsa or cash at RB. I think either buendia or bailey should be offloaded imo but put them on the bench anyway

Subs

New GK  
Konsa  
Tielemans 
Goncalves
Buendia   
Digne  
Bailey   
Duran 

B5127B88-BD23-48B2-BC0B-26F078642994.jpeg

Edited by RicRic

32 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeah lets stop whinging about no transfers, way too much time left plus we wrapped up some top of the range deals already, but i’d like everyones thoughts on the following; ideally we need to sign two attacking forward players, now assuming Ramsey would start on the left of Watkins would we sign someone who is superior and start that player or instead sign someone of lets say a Gnonto type who would be accepting to the idea he is number two to Ramsey.

Now the other side would be bailey being replaced, not forgetting Duran is currently back up to the main central role to Watkins, ideally need a hybrid player out the two. 

Thoughts?

I will not unwhinge ever. It's a God-given right to cry for unrealistic transfers all summer long. Why no Kylian to Villa yet? Why?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He didn't start many games for Villarreal under Emery, so my guess is he's not going to go for him.

I don't think I've seen enough of Gnonto to have a big opinion of him, he seems decent, but one big positive would be that he'd be a homegrown player after two more seasons, which will be useful for Europe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Thoughts?

Ramsey’s injury is a concern and we have no idea as to the extent of it atm.

Imo, we need to properly strengthen and bring in upgrades wherever possible and reasonable (inc affordable). I want us to be better, stronger, more dangerous. I really want us to kick ass and frighten, if not decimate, other teams! 😆

Competition breeds success and enhances development rather than “back ups”…

My feeling is always: why hold ourselves back? Let’s take maximum advantage of the opportunities before us…

I’d prefer that approach rather than just increasing the size of the squad and bringing in low cost “alternatives” or cover…

Ramsey’s place has been in midfield but he can excel further forward, though his dribbling ability is so useful for us. He’s going to be a big miss if he’s out for a while and I think, if that’s the case, it’s going to accelerate our activity in that sort of area…

We need to upgrade on Bailey and Buendia and see if they can compete and reach a higher level of performance. We almost have to make it “uncomfortable” for player like this so they can try and reach their maximum level and contribute a hell of a lot more…

That’s just how I see and want it but… who knows what approach Unai and Monchi will be taking… No indications yet… I think they’ll find value though and not spend needlessly or recklessly…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gaz90 said:

MLS Transfers seems to think so.

The picture is so apt… 🤣

He wants to leave shitty Leeds and join Unai’s glorious claret and blue army!

Not all can be so fortunate…